Duplication of listing - Will Reviews Transfer?

Matthew147
Level 3
Chicago, IL

Duplication of listing - Will Reviews Transfer?

Hello - I've posted about the issues I've had with AirBnB here before, but essentially they cannot/will not reconcile my tax ID with Palm Beach County - hence I cannot rent for less than 180 days.  This has been going on for over 5 months now and I've been continually told that "a case worker will be in touch with you when available..."  Anyway...

I've spoken to a couple of other hosts who have recommended that I duplicate my listing (exactly), unpublish the initial one, and move on.  

I've done everything before publishing but wanted to check on how reviews would work with this?  We've worked hard for our 50 or so 5 star reviews and don't want to lose these.  Can anyone explain to me how this will work or how it will look?  

Thanks so much in advance!

Matt

4 Replies 4
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Matthew147  no, the reviews will not transfer to the new listings but will stay with your profile as well as your superhost status. This new listing will receive a new listing boost in search though. When I have to start a new listing, I usually post on top something like: Hosted by a Superhost with X-many five star reviews for other properties.

Thanks @Inna22 - I was thinking about doing something a little more blatant in the description of the property (like the first line!).  Since listing #1 will essentially "hold" the reviews - would you suggest that I keep it published so that people can see it (and the reviews on it).

@Matthew147 you can do that if it will not undermine your licensing efforts. In Chicago I have to remove the old property by local regulation. Either way your reviews will stay and show at the very bottom of the page. There are other complicated ways of maximizing existing reviews like rotating listings but in order to recommend something I need to understand the restriction. You are only allowed to rent for 180 days or longer currently?

Thanks @Inna22 !  I really appreciate it!