Electricity and monthly rentals

Luigi27
Level 8
Malaysia

Electricity and monthly rentals

I just received a call from an alleged ABB customer support saying that it is against their rules requesting extra cost for electricity bills. This person was extremely rude and arrogant and failed to specify what exact rule she is referring to! I have always specified in my house rules that electricity for monthly rental is not included; it is extremely costly lo leave aircons on 24 hours in a tropical climat as this one. If the electricity bill should be included I will lose money for sure. This is not acceptable. Would anyone please let me know what is the ABB rule on this and where this is specified in their terms and conditions? Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Luigi27  I would imagine hosts are able to charge whatever fees they want as long as it is clearly stated in the description of the listing.  Does your listing do that?  If so, what mechanism are you using to collect the charge?  What were the circumstances of the call? Was there a complaint from a potentional or current guest?

Yes Linda it it extremely clear in my house rules and in all my messages. I have collected my fees for over 2 years without problems (always through the ABB system of course!).

I am now harrassed by an alleged ABB member with threathening messages and impolite phone calls:

quote'' Hi Luigi, this is Federica again thanks for your answer. As you can see from your account, water and electricity are not amenities which means that they are automatically included in the base price.
You have to set the base price already with these utilities included. There is no option.
I want to make clear again that this is a violation of our standards that can bring negative consequences to your hosting activity. Please let me know as soon as possible what you want to do with this reservation.
Bear in mind that, in case you keep violating our standards requesting these extra fees, we could cancel the reservation with full refund for your guest... unquote''

ABB does not care if a guest leave the water and the elctricity running for 24 hours. Extremeley biased ! sick and tired

Francisca16
Level 5
New York, NY

@Luigi27, is there anyway of adding these bills on your base price. I have had guests that stayed at my home for three months and more without charging them extra for electricity. But if you specified it in your rules, and been using for two years now, I don't see why ABB should have a problem with it now.

Luigi27
Level 8
Malaysia

@Francisca16 Thank you I am not sure why they are harrassing me. I suppose that one guest is making noise after having placed a reservation and now he does not want to pay the extra specified in my house rules! I will escalate this matter to higher level as I found all quite disturbing .