Recommendations for an electronic key box?

Recommendations for an electronic key box?

Hello!

I run 4 different Air BNBs in Los Angeles and have a question for the community: do any of you hosts out there use an electronic keybox? I should say keyless box actually, the type where you punch in a code and it opens the door. No key necessary. 

Guests keep losing keys and it's become quite the hassle! I wanted to ask if anyone out there can recommend a keyless/electronic lock that they use? 

Any suggestions are very appreciated! Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Karen-and-Will0
Level 10
Maryland, United States

I use the Schlage Sense.  Off the shelf it works with my iPhone through blue tooth.  But I added Apple TV and now can access it through the wi-fi anytime, any where on my phone.   I can check who opened or closed the door and when and if the door is currently locked or unlocked.  I have no worries about lost keys.  It also gives me the added security that keys haven't been duplicated and the house can be entered without me being aware.  I create a 4 digit code for each guest.  I then simply delete it once they leave.  It works wonderfully for me.  

Hi @Brad35, We love our Schlage keyless deadbolt locks (model BE365).  We do not have the wireless interface like @Karen-and-Will0 does on her Schlage.  We were concerned that the batteries would need to be replaced more frequently for the wireless-enabled lock and we don't need the remote access/monitoring capabilities.  It is definitely worthwhile to get a keyless lock!

We did have the lock cylinder on the Schlages replaced because they can be drilled through (according to our local locksmith), so we also have one master key for all of the locks.