Email communication with guests is not recorded on Airbnb messages

Luke25
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Email communication with guests is not recorded on Airbnb messages

Hi all,

I've been having an ongoing issue with Airbnb guest comms. Namely, when I try to send them an email using the email address provided by Airbnb, it doesn't always get through. This seems to be a particular problem for guests from China.

There are obviously a number of reasons this could be the case, from Airbnb tech issues to Spam filters on the guest end.

A lot of these risks would be mitigated if Airbnb recorded emails flowing through the system in Airbnb messages. I.e. if I send an email to a guest using the Airbnb provided proxy email, that message contents is recorded in Airbnb messages as if I had logged into the site and sent it there. The reason for this is that guests often check there for messages, especially if they know their spam filters are likely to have blocked communications.

Does anybody know if that feature is in the pipeline? Or if not, does anybody know how I would suggest it to them, given that comms is a little challenging with Airbnb?

Thanks!

Luke

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Luke25  While I do not experience your issue, if you have a suggestion for the Air BNB platform, post your suggestion on Host Voice.  Hosts can support your idea and when there is sufficient support, the idea is sent to the tech team.  Host Voice is on this site.  Go to Discuss and scroll to Host Voice.