Embarrassing moments.

Brett3
Level 10
Gold Coast, Australia

Embarrassing moments.

I am sitting in my lounge reading through some of the forums on my laptop and my guests steps out of the toilet. She says: "good morning, how are you today?". Just at that point a huge waft of the really nasty smell lingering in the toilet rushes over me and I start dry reaching. I am not sure who was redder in the face or more embarrassed.

Let me hear some of your host/guest stories that are aweful at the time but something to look back on and laugh.

9 Replies 9
Brett3
Level 10
Gold Coast, Australia

Gosh, am I really the only host with a private room that has found themselves in an awkward situation?

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Brett3

I clean the apartment with my toddler in tow and we take a lot of breaks.  I had a family check  themselves in early and they "caught" me breastfeeding my son while we were lounging on the sofa. 

Brett3
Level 10
Gold Coast, Australia

@Emily487

Were they understanding or was it just an awkward 'oh, okay see you later then'?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Brett3 @Emily487 @Sarah @Helen @Lizzie @J Renato @Huma @Βασίλης & Ann

Oh you lot, this is tame stuff, can't you come up with something better than that!??

Two nights ago, the sun had gone down but it was not as yet dark. I had consumed a few red wines, was on the forum expousing my normal lot of drivell,  and I felt like a piddle!

I didn't want to walk all the way down to the house toilet so I exited the man cave and walked over to the nearest garden bed and.......let it rip! 

Part way through I looked around and there is Mr and Mrs guest sitting at one of the outdoor settings about 10 metres away observing my every move!!!!

Can't remember if there was a fa*t involved but.......

Geeez, did I feel like a dic*head!

Cheers......Rob

Brett3
Level 10
Gold Coast, Australia

Work well done @Robin4

Why does it feel to me like only AUssie blokes would do this sort of thing. Did they say anything or was it just comepletely avoided? You think they would cough politely perhaps. 

Aussies would be like 'oi mate! Put it away!'

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Brett3

Brett they didn't make a bloody sound....... they sat there like a pair of Egypian mummies that Howard Carter had just removed from the Valley of the Kings.

It was left to me to make a wise crack....."When you get to 74, when nature calls ....it calls in no uncertain manner"!

That did break the ice though and he said...."Well that makes me feel a bit better, I did one in the garden last night"....and we all had a bit of a laugh!

Only in Australia Brett!!

Cheers.....Rob

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Βασίλης & Ann

And that's all very well for you to give that a tick Ann, I will lay a bet Visillis has done the same thing!  ;-))

Here was the situation....recreated!

IMG20181217184412.jpg

Cheers......Rob

hahaha @Robin4 I can't stop laughing hahaha 😄 😄

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Robin4, LOL!