Emotional Supprt Animals

Roland93
Level 2
Polson, MT

Emotional Supprt Animals

Emotional Support Animal Scam.  So, if I was to want to travel with my dog, all I have to say, and that is AFTER check in that Fluffy is my emotiona support animal.  Is that correct?

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Under Airbnb's rules - yes, @Roland93:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1869/what-is-an-assistance-animal

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

That's not right. For airlines and other entities you have to show a letter from a physician indicating a need for an emotional support animal. I think there shoukd be some sort of documentation required by guest. I've had guests show up with a dof before, and what a hassle. It certainly required additional cleaning, and it wasn't convenient to have pee stain outside front door in the snow. People take advantage plain and simple. @Roland93

Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

You are correct... it is a scam.  Actual service animals are awesome. 

Tracey---Bryan0
Level 5
Los Angeles, CA

This is a big problem in LA. Havn't expereinced it yet in our place but it's more and more common to see dogs in grocery stores and restaurants. People buy the little vests off Amazon and do what they want. I'm a huge dog lover but the rules are in place for food establishments for a reason. In general people are entitled and consider themseles only. I'm sure we'll have to deal with this some day from a guest.