Encouraging sign....?

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Encouraging sign....?

Lately, I been most pleasantly surprised at the amount of inquiries and bookings;  perhaps the worse is indeed passed us. I also notice the attitude of the visitors are a bit more grateful than ever; every time I go to explain about something not quite finish or not perfected yet, they say - "You don't get it, we are just happy to be here after being in a 'straight jacket' for one full year. Forget the minutiae.".

Whatever the reasons, I trust all hosts are encountering such similar encouraging signs and if you are not yet it may be a matter of time before you do, so keep the faith. 

2 Replies 2
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Glad to hear @Fred13 that things are on the up and up for you. We all take the positives wherever we see them. It really is interesting the gratitude versus the entitled. The happy to be out, rather than those seeing faults.

For me personally, I reckon I’ll lose super host status next assessment as hosting has completely dried up, for now. Not only because in a “normal” world, this is our low tourist season. But with borders closing at short notice when outbreaks occur, many travellers are not booking to travel, due to the unpredictability of flights and the cost of a possible supervised quarantine for fourteen days at about $2500 AUD a person ( or $5000 AUD a family.) People are staying within their states and my state doesn’t tend to travel to us during the Wet Season.

So please, BRING on the good guest stories to tide us over, as we can also take all the encouragement you can provide. It’s all very fluid.  ( Not an island joke......... 👏🏼👏🏼🌻🙌🏼)

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Fred13 I'm glad they took their straight jackets off to enjoy the water and your beautiful island. An encouraging sign indeed!