Enhance guest experience, with a great template for local recs!

Harry365
Level 2
Sunnyvale, CA

Enhance guest experience, with a great template for local recs!

Built this tool to help hosts share their local recommendations to enhance guests' experience! It's a really easy to use template, that's interactive, customisable and I think will add a lot. Feedback welcome!

Some screenshots below:

Harry365_1-1608315316412.png

Harry365_0-1608315251384.png

**[Link removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

5 Replies 5
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Harry365,

I love innovation, and the creation of new tools that will be helpful to users.  I did look at the two screen shots, and the content looks intriguing, but did not click your link, because it's my practice to visit only trusted sites.  I do have a lot of questions about the application, its purpose, and the goal of offering it.

What's the objective of this application offering? 

Do you want to sell it to hosts? 

How will guests be directed to the application/site? 

What type of personal data will be collected, and what are the privacy measures? 

Where is the rating information coming from? 

What type of support will be provided for the application?

Hi @Debra300 - glad to hear you though the tool was intriguing! it's just a free template i build on free software called coda (this video might help explain best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLYZv68M3Kg)

As for your questions:

- the objective of this particular template is to give hosts an easy way to send an interactive list of recommendations to their guests, that's easy to navigate and allows them to explore nearby attractions with ease. it's a similar concept to building a gsheet with recommendations on it and sharing that, only in this case it feels a lot more like an app and is more dynamic.

- no intention of selling it to hosts - coda.io is a software tool with a free offering where lots of people cool tools and then publish them for public use (coda.io/gallery has a bunch more)

- guests would just click on your own personalised version of the tool (again it's like copying a gsheet that i share with you, and then editing it so it's your own and then sending over to people to browse).

- there would be no data collection - coda is totally SOC 2 compliant, and you don't even have to sign in to browse

- the rating information is just your own personal score - so you can rate things however you like. if you like, there is also a voting option, so guests can upvote recs they enjoyed.

- coda has an awesome support team, so you can just click the support chat function if you need to!

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Harry365,

Thanks for the additional details.  I will check it out over the next few days.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I would suggest you stay away from using abbreviations like "recs" and "docs". Many people don't know what they mean and it isn't very professional. @Harry365

good advice - thanks @Sarah977