Evaluation period for Superhost

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Evaluation period for Superhost

Hello fellow hosts, as a newbie, I wanted to ask a question.

From my understanding, the evaluation period for superhosts takes two weeks from the end of the evaluated period because that's how long guests have to complete their reviews for that period. So...

If a guest leaves a review during those two following weeks (but for a stay that started before the evaluation period ended, in this case until the end of December 2016) does their review count regardless of whether you also leave a review and it becomes public?

Or... If you only leave a review after the two week evaluation period ends, does it not apply?

Sorry, a bit of a technical question here, but just trying to understand how it all works.

By the way, this is not a request to find out whether being a Superhost makes a difference to your listing position, bookings or any similar issues.

Thank you!

23 Replies 23
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sorry to ask again, but does anyone know the answer to this one or is able to direct me to a relevant forum? I couldn't find the answer on the general guidelines about evaluation.

Many thanks.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Not sure - but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thanks @Cynthia-and-Chris1. Yes, I was determined to get superhost status but having now read so many times in these forums that most guests don't even know what that is or notice it on listings, I'm getting more relaxed about it! Would be nice to have though, just to know I am on track re providing a good experience for guests.

Hi Huma, did you have an answer about the évaluation périod . what's happen if you have a review during this period ? Best regards Séverine

@Séverine-and-Niels0

Hi Séverine, If there is no doubt about your eligibility for Superhost status you will receive notification by the 11th day after the evaluation period has ended! That is, you have easily meet the criteria for superhost elegibility.

If there is a possibility of something that may influence the hosting from the evaluation period, Airbnb will wait 15 days before releasing their status rating. This is to allow for reviews which may come in the 14 day review window but which were for hostings that actually took place in the evaluation period. If there is a review cancellation in that period that will also be taken into account.

This is why you have to wait 14 days after the evaluation period to learn of your status.

Cheers......Rob 

Thank you so much !

Cheers

Séverine

I just got Superhosted @Robin4.

No notification (and no increase in views, as expected since told by the experts 😁😘).

Mariann 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Congratulations @Mariann4! 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Mariann4

There you go, how good are you....what is it they say 'No good deed goes unpunished' !!!

Nah, just kidding. congratulations Mariann........it is because of hosts like you that this platform has become in the space of 10 years the major player in the home hosting market.

Don't expect that your bookings will go through the roof because of it, your views will stay constant and to be honest, I cannot ever remember a guest saying they booked my listing because of my Superhost status....in fact most all of them say, "What does that mean"?

What it will do is give you fast access to help if you need it, and it does give you a certain sense of pride in that the effort you put in is duly noted and you are rewarded.

Might catch up for a chat later in the year.....I will DM plans.

Hey girl, you are a Superhost!

Cheers.....Rob

Edit typos! seriously need either a new brain, or new fingers!

Thank you @Robin4.

Vacation-time here. No pc... And this site is, as stated before, so poor and flawed that I don't bother using my phone to participate in the Community. So I turn quiet. Sorry!

Look forward to hear from you!

Mariann 🙂

@Séverine-and-Niels0 apologies for the late response. I believe that reviews from any guests who stayed during the evaluation period will count regardless of if you leave a review for them or not (although I'm still not 100% sure). They have 14 days as usual to complete their review, which is why the assessment period goes on for 14 days after the quarter being evaluated.

I don't know about the 11 day period @Robin4 mentioned, but he is more experienced than me, so would know best about this stuff.

A couple of things I'm still confused about though.

Firstly, if guests leave reviews during the 14 days after the period being evaluated but they did NOT actually stay during that period, i.e. they were guests just after, will their reviews be counted in the current assessment, or only counted in the next one?

Secondly, I don't really understand how my ratings tally up. In my stats, it says 80% five star reviews, but in my standards tab, only 78%.

It says "Your current progress towards the upcoming assessment is based on the following date range: 1 October 2016 - 30 September 2017 (Current)"

Why is this? I thought the assessment was based on ratings in the past year, so that date range would be 1 July 2016 - 30 June 2017. Why would it only take into account the past nine months?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Well, I didn't get my Superhost status this quarter, but I'm still unsure why. Although the blurb says it's based on ratings for the past year at the time of assessment, which would mean I am meeting all the criteria, at the same time, it's saying the assessment period is from 1st October, i.e. only the last nine months.

My overall star rating percentage (all from ratings in the past year as I only started hosting in my home last August) is 80%, yet the Superhost assesment breakdown says I got 78%

Does anyone know why this is?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Huma0, hey, did you just ask a question to the experts group, or did I just make a Pratt of myself!!!

Cheers....Rob

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Robin4, asking anyone who knows, especially the experts!

I think the guest who review you during the 14 evaluation period, but didn't stay during the period being evaluated don't count. Am I right?