Every day is a shiny new tomorrow

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Every day is a shiny new tomorrow

We are on our way to Sydney where Ade will stay for the next month.

Coming across the Hay Plains today this rainbow stayed ahead of us for about 20 Kms! In the end I could not help stopping and taking a photo of it.

It sort of symbolises Airbnb........Maybe there is a pot of gold at the end of it......

Rainbows End.jpg

Cheers.....Rob

9 Replies 9

Beautiful picture @Robin4 Thanks for sharing 🙂

Maybe not a pot of gold.....but for sure, happiness and good memories!!!

Happy travels~

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Ah, the Hay Plains! Brings back many memories when I lived in Sydney, then in Adelaide. That trip with small kids can be truly deadly... pulling up for the night looking for a motel ( no Airbnb back then for budget travellers) and all kids asleep; let sleeping dogs lie, so to speak, and so then didn’t want to unpack the trailer.

OMG: a 21 hour straight through road trip. WILL NEVER FORGET.  

Did the trip in 2011 as well, but without kids and with stops.

But @Robin4, I’ve never seen a rainbow! Many a roo, but no pretty sky prisms. 🌈🌈

We will be doing the Adelaide to Canberra version after Christmas this year, so will think of you! 

🙂

Cathie

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hey @Robin4. Maybe not a pot of gold, but a nice Airbnb waiting, to rest your weary bones? 

🏡

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Robin4,

It is great to hear your great adventure has begun and what a view to begin with. I hope your journey is going well and you arrive safely. I've been to Sydney a couple of times and it is a wonderful city, especially for someone who loves water, like myself. 🙂

I hope you will be able to keep us updated on your trip. 

Have a great time. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Mark26
Level 10
Melbourne Beach, FL

https://youtu.be/e-5mCg9JxcQ

Or

https://youtu.be/V1bFr2SWP1I

Take your pick

And if that doesn't work for you, there's always

https://youtu.be/onaFxiVConc

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww this is a great song. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Reminds me of The Triffids song, It's a Wide Open Road. I listen to it when I am homesick for Oz.

Safe journey.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Thanks for sharing such a lovely thing @Robin4. I hope you find that pot of gold! @Cathie19, I can't believe you've never seen a rainbow! What??? You need to come down our way sometime - we call this area the Rainbow Coast because of all the rainbows.... Safe travels Robin 🙂

Hi @Kath9. I’ve seen many rainbows, just never across the Hay Plains! They can also be a regular sight for us here in the Top End during our Wet Season...

🙂

Cathie