Evolve Vacation Rental Management

Answered!
Lucy0
Level 3
California, United States

Evolve Vacation Rental Management

Does anyone have any experience with this vacation renal management company? **

Apparently they will handle the bookings, TOT collection, and coordinate with my cleaning team for only a 10% cut of the nightly rate. It seems too good to be true!

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

Please click here to find out more info about finding Co-Hosts.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

132 Replies 132
Jaime-Dagoberto0
Level 2
Guatemala City, Guatemala

I’m sure that EVOLVE Vacation Rental is part of scammers.

First they had a tool free number to contact them, I had a similar experience with a scammer guy over the phone in Texas, from which I trusted and after I send money, police discovered that that guy operated from jail.

The Vacation Rental phone is a toll free number and if you hung up they will call you from a different phone number, that is why I think are scammers, they put you on hold as if they are busy.

Ron227
Level 2
Upland, CA

This company is horrible, they use ridiculous excuses to keep a potential renter in holding patter until he can book it for more days for the higher price so they make more commission. I would avoid this company at all expense. They're unethical animal rule your trip are your potential clients.

PropertyManage1
Level 2
United Kingdom

Any company claiming to manage your property for 10% is not being honest about their business model. They recoup the costs by charging the guests cleaning fee's. This will directly impact your occupancy rate and you will make less money than if you did it alone. This is happening in London and most of these managed units have pitiful occupancy rates. 

You want to be using a management company that has the technology to gaurantee you an occupancy rate of over 80%, for that privilege expect to pay between 25% - 35%. Your property manager should be commnunicating with you regularly to discuss strategies to improve revenue. On top of this they should have experience with and deploy proprietry machine learning based price optimisation that's trained for your area and local economy.

Anything less than this level of service in todays market is not going to cut it, part of a property managers role is to increase your revenue, if they can't do that you are better off employing a local cleaner and paying someone to look after your guest communication.

Margaret522
Level 1
Denver, CO

I'm super frustrated as someone trying to rent. I asked my host a question and got an evolve generic answer that says if our auto response doesn't answer your questions, then you need to call us. Um. What happened to ask the host? 

Dana331
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I rent my cabin (at least listed) with Evolve.   It’s a beautiful cabin . . . New remodeled kitchen, 3 bedroom,  large party deck, lovely furnishings.    I’ve had 1 booking with them.   One booking in 3 months is not impressive.   Sure,  they are polite through the Onboarding process and then that’s it.    

I’m not impressed at all.   They sure do a hard sell but I don’t see the performance.   At this point I’m losing money by listing with them. I honestly cannot reccomend Evolve.  

Sarah2634
Level 2
Prescott, AZ

This was very helpful as I have been checking them out. I have to agree that 10% sounds too good to be true. They have sent me this nice professional brochure with statistics to my specific area. I have not started renting my pace yet because I'm remodeling a part of the homes to be a vacation home. I will only be there part of the year. I'm living 2 hours away most of the time. I particularly like the dual reviews so I believe I'm better off having a co-host and a cleaner. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about finding a co-host?

Ellen94
Level 4
Campton, NH

I have to say that I am surprised by the negative comments about Evolve. I've been listing with them since July 2018 and my bookings went up immediately when I listed with them. They get an A+ in my book for customer service. When I wasn't getting many bookings in the late fall and winter months, I asked if they had any suggestions. They did an analysis and suggested that I add a few beds. I did this and the bookings started rolling in. The only thing that I wish they would do is to allow the home owner to rate the renter. They are resistant to this idea, but are considering it. If you decide to list with them, I would suggest asking them for ideas for a co-host and cleaning person in our area.

Patricia2551
Level 1
White Rock, Canada

Ok People here's my story. 
 I had rented my house through VRBO for about 5 years quite successfully. This means that it was always booked and I had rave reviews and really only niggling issues from the guests. I have little patience , however, for the nonsense of many "renters/vacationers". An example would be calling me 1500 miles away in a panic because the code doesn't work on the door and then trying again and finding it was just enter-error.  My tolerance for the nonsense was becoming  less and I therefore decided to switch to Evolve, which does the "managing". The concept is good and the company is exceptional in their customer service. The problem I had was they don't screen guests. Anyone with a  credit card can stay at your place. The complaints started rolling in. In retrospect, I apparently was doing quite a good job of selecting decent folk who matched well with my property overall.  I cannot say that I will ever repeat this experience. I have found with the "evolve" renters, they are whiny and seem to expect hotel type service and amenities at a bargain price.  I have come to believe as well, that "complaining" is a way to get refunds and is part of their "schtick". I'm done. Patti 

Just curious how evolve manages properties in New Hampshire without a real estate license, as its required by law to have to manage properties when tenants and payouts are involved?

Linda2706
Level 1
North Vancouver, CA

I'm considering booking a home listed on VRBO that directs me to Evolve.  I spoke to a customer service rep at Evolve yesterday who told me he would waive the service fee to get the booking, but when I called back today he was off for the weekend.  The woman who answered said that she couldn't waive the service fee and in fact, she said, the rates have now increased since I looked at the site yesterday.  I went back on the website and the rates were the same.  That prompted me to start exploring the company, and the reviews I'm reading are not great.  I really want to book this property but now I'm reluctant to!  Can anyone reassure me that this company is legit?

Jason1012
Level 2
Round Rock, TX

I was looking at Evolve and RedAwning. Not sure what to believe about either. Can’t find any reputable information on the web that hasn’t been likely skewed in a marketing war between marketing companies. Anyone here have experience with either?

Jinhee2
Level 2
Portland, OR

Does anyone know how to go about finding a host for a cabin that I just bought in Big Bear Lake? I don’t want to use Evole (after reading all the comments here) and I don’t want to pay 30% management fee. I’m kind of a control freak and would love to self manage this property but I live 4 hours away. I found a good cleaning crew but not a local “host“ that the city requires.  Any suggestions?

i think you could get away with a good housekeeper and a handyman that would accept to be "oncall" a bit late at night. my property is in Joshua Tree and i live in Seattle, it has been feasible so far. I am a complete control freak and thrive to resolve any issue within 15 min 😉

Terry560
Level 2
West Point, CA

I have been with Evolve for a few years now, couldn't ask for a better company to handle my home. In the beginning they sent someone to do a photo shoot of our home, they took care of the listing. Wonderful folks to work with. We are listed on most major sites out there.They can help with the cleaning team if they have any in your area.Renters have to pay an small insurance premium in case of damage to anything on the property. I have had to use it a couple of times never any problems getting paid for what was damaged or broke. There is also a liability policy in case of injury.The people at Evolve have been nothing short of the best company out there. They are easy to work with,offer great ideas on getting the most bookings possible and what renters expect from a vacation home.And yes they only charge 10% of each booking which isn't that much at all especially for what they do.I didn't pay for the photo shoot, the listing they did or anything else to get me started.I live in a pretty rural area some folks would say but have no problem getting bookings.If you refer people to Evolve I believe the reward is 200 or 250 for each referral you give if they sign up.So my name is Terry Toth let them know I recommend them to you you won't be disappointed if you do sign with them.My home is in **** if you would like to check out our listing.

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – in line with the Community Center guidelines]

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You say you are a host @Terry560  but there is no listing attached to your profile.

I hope Evolve isn't one of those awful property management companies who make hosts have their listing set up in the property management companies name to make it hard for you to move your listing if you are not happy with their service as all your ratings and reviews for your property are under their name.

I would never use a property management company with the sort of poor reviews this company has for its client's listings and particularly one where you have to list under their profile.