Evolve Vacation Rental Management

Answered!
Lucy0
Level 3
California, United States

Evolve Vacation Rental Management

Does anyone have any experience with this vacation renal management company? **

Apparently they will handle the bookings, TOT collection, and coordinate with my cleaning team for only a 10% cut of the nightly rate. It seems too good to be true!

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

Please click here to find out more info about finding Co-Hosts.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

132 Replies 132

We had our 1st Airbnb listed with Evolve for a over year. I agree with the statements about poor communication.

Many "owner requests" took 3-4 business days for a response, for example, seasonal change of photos took 8 days which included multiple emails, lost photos and an hour on the phone. When I told evolve that I was leaving and asked about the cost of purchasing the photos for an easier transition, they wanted to charge me double what they paid the photographer.  (I had just hired him to shoot our 2nd Airbnb that was loaded in Jan and has been rented continually.)

In the beginning, when they matched me with a cleaner, I reached out to the woman that had initially referred me to evolve.  She told me the cleaner evolve had provided to me as a resource, she had fired and provided video evidence of incompetence, and disrespect to the property.  When I asked if there was a different percentage tier to adjust for the fact that they can't provide or coordinate with vendors to maintain the home, I was told it was a perk to be used at my convenience.

Meanwhile, I was sending the check in/out emails. Communicating with guests...I just didn't see the value.  I paid them 5k last year for what I've been able to accomplish more efficiently myself.

When I did have unruly guests leave my house a mess, I was told that I couldn't leave any kind of negative feedback because it was my first Airbnb guest. Now I know they just don't leave reviews. And, as they are the account manager, the owner has no ability to share honest feedback about a guest for other owners to consider. 

It is hard to leave all my 5-star reviews behind, but my summer is already rented with repeating customers from last year.

I have more stories but the long is short is I'm in control of my listings now and it's easier because I'm not managing the lack of response. When something needs to be done. I do it and move on with my day. 

Heidi

Northwoods WI

Aude-and-Bart0
Level 1
Peachtree City, GA

As a former lister with Airbnb and a frequent user, I would NOT use Evolve.  I recently tried to book a property but had a question.  Evolve sent a pre-scripted answer that in no way answered any part of my question.  I emailed again asking for a human to answer my question.  A few days shy of one month later I got an email with an answer to my question and a statement that I should have booked because my dates were no longer available.  I give their customer service an F.  

Amy1702
Level 2
Marietta, GA

@Deonna1  that's where I ended after associating with their slick "team" algorithm hack and app approach - voicemails, emails, texts, wait for callbacks, chats, promises after being on hold and transferred constantly. Their corporate structure is top-heavy with teams of incompetents who can't get anything done (answer the phone, answer a question, get anyone to help with a repair, resolve an issue, they just wear you down with their corporate-speak gaslighting) in an inconvenient time zone probably working remotely. This is the guest and host experience. when you see evolve, evolve AWAY.

I am a host and have had issues with Air bnb pricing changing and then booking guests with lower pricing. I have called multiple times about that and how my Superhost was taken down after being one since 2014. I just have been getting passed around from representative to representative frustrated with no resolve then all of a sudden without warning air bnb blocked me and cancelled reservations. Guess they didn't want to deal with it. I have been reading the horror stories about this happening to many hosts. Also, lawsuits they are having or had. Luckily the guests are willing to book with me off the site still since they are aware too.Any suggestions or experience with this? It is all new to me and they can't seem to assist anyone anymore. Getting passed around by representatives and it taking a month is ridiculous with still no solving the issue. customer service hell. Oh I may get banned again. What other sites are people using besides Vrbo which I am on
as well? 

I have had extenuating circumstances in which I have had to cancel my reservation with Evolve.  They have been quite unresponsive and seriously corporate.  I do not recommend that anyone rent a property managed by Evolve.  Very disappointed.

It's a scam.   No one from Evolve has ever visited any of their properties, much less the marketplace in which the properties exist.   They usually sign up the bottom feeders of suppliers, they don't share ical addresses, and they always represent the guests interests and never the homeowner.

Jeff2589
Level 2
Redwood City, CA

It is too good to be true. The nicest thing I can say is they lack full disclosure. My current guest informs me he paid $1450 for a two-night, 3 day stay.   I get $962. They take 10% which includes 10% of my cleaning fee which is a pass through, not income. I just fired them.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

Please click here to find out more info about finding Co-Hosts.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Ellen94
Level 4
Campton, NH

I am trying to get information about them as well. I am serious thinking about using them, but want to be sure they have been useful to others.

I am currently using Evolve but would not use them.  They don't care about their owners.  Their cancellation policy will cost you rentals and they don't take care of your home.  run

Can you explain more about what you didn't like?

Its true. As a homeowner Evolve doesn't care about you, just the guests. And guests can also say whatever they what about you but Evolve won't allow you to say what you want or to defend yourself, unless they approve the answers back.

What about customer ratings? Our guests always give me "the host" a great rating.

Don't use them, they are terrible

I also noticed that they are approved by the BBB. That's a good sign.