Evolve Vacation Rental Management

Answered!
Lucy0
Level 3
California, United States

Evolve Vacation Rental Management

Does anyone have any experience with this vacation renal management company? **

Apparently they will handle the bookings, TOT collection, and coordinate with my cleaning team for only a 10% cut of the nightly rate. It seems too good to be true!

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

Please click here to find out more info about finding Co-Hosts.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

132 Replies 132
Anshit1
Level 1
Pittsburgh, PA

My rental promised a lake view. All I saw was the parking lot. I wouldn't trust this company with a single dollar.

Evolve is a horrible company. 720 BBB complaints  Horror stories are the norm for this company. We rented a place in Scottsdale that was advertised as beautiful  for $400 nt. It had pet feces and grease throughout. We did not check in. Had to go find hotels and they stole our money just as others report consistently from them. Avoid any rental that they represent.

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

This time tempered thread is an eye opener and Small Business Primer for those looking to be a "part time" lodging/ hospitalities  business owner.  I don't think it can be done, you truly must do the majority of the legwork unless your paying competent folks round the clock you can 100% trust to do it for you (there is a good chance nobody small has the resources to do that and make a dime).   Airbnb and a couple other biggies are as close to doing this as can be hoped for but they just like our guests also come with baggage (ha ha, see what I did there?).   I'm thankful to have Airbnb as my paid host support system, I really don't think we would have ever been as successful at it as we have been without them.  

Jennifer2706
Level 2
Denver, CO

They have been absolutely horrible.   They are not responsive,  their customer service is non-existent.  They are against the true spirit of Airbnb and should be banned. They do not care about the host or the guest and it really is a shame. 

they are not very good a vetting guess.  had 2 charge backs in less that 30 days!!!  the last one didn't even use a working phone number when booking.  Now I'm out not only the missed rent, but still had to pay the cleaning service!  And they won't release the address to me so I can try and recoup some of my loses in sm claims 

Jarrod32
Level 2
McCordsville, IN

STAY AWAY FROM EVOLVE! I had my wedding planned for Alaska in March 2020. I was forced to reschedule due to COVID, we rescheduled to March 2021. For the March 2021 trip we scheduled with Evolve Vacation rentals for our close friends to have a retreat after the wedding. We were forced to reschedule again due to current COVID restrictions. I've had to cancel and reschedule reservations at a dozen different places twice now, and Evolve was the only company unwilling to work with me. Terrible customer service, no customer appreciation. STAY AWAY!

Jamescharles0
Level 2
Johnston, IA

DO NOT RENT PROPERTIES FROM EVOLVE VACATION RENTALS. They are unprincipled, unresponsive and completely unsympathetic. We rented, through AIRBNB on Jan 6 2020, a property represented by Evolve Vacation Rentals. Evolve’s policy at the time was full payment upfront and no refunds, which we understood and accepted, right? Who knew about the COVID in January 2020.  Rental dates were October 21 – October 27, 2020. The reservation was made to attend our son’s wedding and was made over 10 months in advance of occupancy. We were bsolutely sure we would use the rental. However along can COVID and our son canceled his wedding and we subsequently canceled the reservation on June 6, over 5 months in advance of the occupancy. We received absolutely NO consideration from either Evolve or AIRBNB.  Evolve kept the entire payment and we were offered no consideration, no postponement alternatives, NOTHING. We made numerous attempts via e-mail and phone to contact Evolve and got absolutely nowhere. The phone was not answered, there was no responds to our e-mails. Even AIRBNB acting our on our behalf, assured us they had great difficulty contacting them as well, (IF AIRBNB tried to at all? AIRBNB’s hands are not clean in this matter ether).

Evolve is terrible to deal with; they are unscrupulous and unresponsive. Their complete lack of sympathy during the Pandemic is a stain upon them! Do not rent from them or rent your properties through them.

I had a similar experience with them. Evolve Vacation Rental are crooks. 

James2679
Level 2
Austin, TX

These guys lack integrity. don't do business with them

Terry207
Level 2
Louisville, KY

I am also thinking about using them. But the owners of the property are very hands on ...so I need to convince them.

Wendy1293
Level 1
Lakeville, MN

I had a horrible experience with Evolve as a potential buyer. The FREE cancellation policy is very misleading. They gouge you and take all your money if you cancel, even though it said on the booking I would receive a partial refund. I booked on Oct 21 and cancelled on Oct 23 and they refused to refund me. NOT OK! Bad business if you ask me! Never again! They deceive people and take their money.Refund they promised.png

John5924
Level 1
Jacksonville, FL

Worst customer service ever.
I used them for property management, they will promise you high daily rates and high occupancy rates to get your listing. Then they'll use their precious rating algorithm to calculate the minimum daily rate.

I was told I could expect $250 a night with 80% occupancy. Unfortunately, everyone in my neighborhood was priced between $80 and $100 per night with 50% occupancy. Didn't know that until it was too late. Big difference, no bookings. But they can lower the minimum rate manually. 

They can adjust the minimum nightly rate, but its too much trouble for them, so you'll go without any bookings. When I did get them to manually reduce the minimum rate to be competitive, I immediately got bookings, yea!

However, constantly adjusting my minimum rate was too much trouble. So they quit doing it. And, then they dropped me as a customer while I was overseas and unable to get another service. Great people!

In my last review on Trustpilot, they blamed me for being a bad customer, but what would you expect when they overpromise and never deliver. I'm sure they will blame me again for being a bad customer.

Good luck, but better to just find someone else.

Shana152
Level 1
Charleston, AR

They are terrible! We booked with them for a weekend trip and cancelled with in their guidelines. We were assured a refund would be issued and then after we did not check in we received a text that wondering why we had no checked in. So we called them and they stated that they had cancelled us but refused to issue the refund stating they never spoke with us. The roads were so bad we could not even get out of the driveway and we cancelled with in the time frame and they lied saying they did not speak with us. If that was the case how was it cancelled !? Do not work with these crooks!! 

@Shana152  If this was an Airbnb booking, you have to hit the cancel button if you want to cancel- the host isn't supposed to cancel from their end. If you yourself cancel within the refund period, you will be automatically refunded by Airbnb. Hosts don't get paid until 24 hours after the guest's check-in date- until then, Airbnb has your money.