Can anyone share an example of checkin instuctions?

Answered!
Cindy458
Level 1
Loomis, CA

Can anyone share an example of checkin instuctions?

Hello, 

I am a new host. Does anyone have an example of Check in Instructions?

Thank You

1 Best Answer
Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Cindy458

This is what I send to each guest before they check in. It's kind of wordy but it has worked so far. I ALSO have essentially the same info but with photos in the mobile check in instructions (which not a single guest has ever used). 

***Check In Instructions***

1. Arrive anytime after 3 pm 

2. Park in the back on either side of the yellow line

3. Lock box is inside the back screen door 

(Code will be sent to you before 3 pm on the day you check in)

4. Use the back doors as your primary entrance/exit

5. You are in the first floor apartment

6. Adjust the heat as needed, read the important info posted on the fridge, and them MESSAGE ME so I know that you have arrived

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Aboul-Soud0
Level 2
Giza Governorate, Egypt

At the beginning make it any time 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Every host will have a different approach @Cindy0

Just provide a step by step guide making it as simple as possible.

For example mine uses a key lock.

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Cindy458

This is what I send to each guest before they check in. It's kind of wordy but it has worked so far. I ALSO have essentially the same info but with photos in the mobile check in instructions (which not a single guest has ever used). 

***Check In Instructions***

1. Arrive anytime after 3 pm 

2. Park in the back on either side of the yellow line

3. Lock box is inside the back screen door 

(Code will be sent to you before 3 pm on the day you check in)

4. Use the back doors as your primary entrance/exit

5. You are in the first floor apartment

6. Adjust the heat as needed, read the important info posted on the fridge, and them MESSAGE ME so I know that you have arrived

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Cindy0,  

I am agree with @Helen0 that every host has a point of view.  

Thanks, 

Miloud

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Cindy458  Here's what I send. I have been nailed on location and difficulties finding my place at night from 2 groups that were both at sports games at the Alamodome Center and I believe a little intoxicated:

Good morning XXXXXX,

Here's the entry codes for the front door it will be set to XXXX for your visit and the security alarm code is XXXX. There is a safe in the master bedroom available for your use. How to set the code will be on top of it, if needed. Also we are the only drive way that is lit up at night with path lights. After you enter take a left hand turn and go straight down until you reach the Guest House. We will leave the gate open for you at the entrance to the property.

If flying in take I-35 S when you leave the airport. It should take 30 minutes to reach the property. We are just a little bit off of I-35 and the 1604 Loop. If you have any issues at all finding us, please call and we will guide you to the Guest House. A few people have had a problem. Also if your children want to use it the playset/swingset is located behind the Wedding Venue which is on the property. Please let us know if you have any questions. Look forward to your visit.

Thank you,

Letti