Excellent experience with Airbnb Host Guarantee !

Vaishali-and-Nehal0
Level 2
New Delhi, India

Excellent experience with Airbnb Host Guarantee !

I recently had a guest who trashed my guest-room ,Airbnb came to help me recoup the costs of all the damaged items.

How it works: 

You must first contact the guest through the Resolution Center. Once your request is posted, the guest can accept the request, offer an alternate amount, or decline the request. If the guest agrees to your request through the Resolution Center, the amount requested will automatically be remitted to you within 24 hours. If the guest does not accept the request, you or your guest may ask that Airbnb mediate a resolution 72 hours after the request has been published. An Airbnb representative will review the claim and make a determination. In cases where a security deposit award is made, they’ll communicate the amount to be paid and will process a payment to your preferred payout method on file.

Airbnb Trust and safety team is a critical component of Airbnb’s success. They understood my need and helped me to provide a truly great expereience in resolving my case that too in a very short span of time.

Such an assistance from airbnb is truly encouraging and goes a long way in instilling faith of the hosts on airbnb and we feel assured that airbnb is always there for its hosts and travellers alike. I really appreciate the timely assistance provided by the team and assuaging my concern.

P.S - I wont be able to share the amount details with community.

Thank you so much Airbnb. 

Reagrds,

Vaishali & Nehal.

27 Replies 27
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Vaishali-and-Nehal0  Thank you for your posting as it provides a clear set of steps to be taken by a host.  I am sure there are many hosts who do not have the outcome they expected and sometimes the issue is clouded because they do not understand the process.

Hahahahahaha...it took Arbnb 1 week to get back t me only to side with the guest after breacking all the rules...

SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that Arbnb  let this guest do whatever, even with strictly stating they will be charged if the home is found unsatisfactory.
This is shared with the community. how Airbnb handle a situation with guest and refuse to enforce my rules and support the owner by making the guest accountable for they action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Unbeleivable and it makes me remove my listing......after clerly uploading pictures and followig Arbnb policy to report within 24 hr the mess the guest left me with and vialeiton of my listed rules  and the guest accepting the rules before they can make a booking ......Arbnb is siting with the gust and offered me $20.00 ..are you kidding me.

Arbnb didn't even bother reading the communication between myself and her ,where I specifically said to respect my home. Also,  did not bother reading my house rues or manual where I clearly stating they will be post charges if we found the home in unsatisfactory condition ...which it was..

Arbnb is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so MAD 

I work hard and pay professional people to keep my home in a perfect condition and Arbnb is not supporting my home and rules that I have in place...WHAT IS THE POINT if I cannot enforce the rules for this type of guest and Airbnb let this guest do whatever?????

It is hard to respond to your concern because you don't tell details to show how the rule was was violated.  Did this guest break something?

Zorica

You have cancellations, you have a poor review from another host and you have  a very weird picture. Does anyone really want to see you naked from the back? What about a nice face pic instead? I think if we want guests to step up to the mark then hosts need to do the same.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Thanks @Vaishali-and-Nehal0, it is good to hear a good news story regarding the Host Guarantee. This is useful information on the steps to take. Thans for sharing 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Vaishali-and-Nehal0  I'm glad you got a satisfactory outcome, but I'm curious, as you don't mention it- did the guest accept the request to pay for damages?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Vaishali-and-Nehal0

you mentioned you would not share the amount details of the host guarantee settlement. But could you please share the amount Airbnb paid you for this post? 

I am being sarcastic of course. You made it sound like if you follow a simple set of rules, you will be all set, as if all the host in the hundreds of sad stories (including my own) just could not read the rules but now, thanks to this post, we will all suddenly be compensated. I am glad it worked out for you, though, I mean it.

You are so right Inne..no Arbnb does not compensate you and the guest will always dicline as they will not pay you Nada unless Arbnb will enforce the rules the guest have to accept..thts a JOKE too!!!!!!

SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that Arbnb  let this guest do whatever, even with strictly stating they will be charged if the home is found unsatisfactory.
This is shared with the community. how Airbnb handle a situation with guest and refuse to enforce my rules and support the owner by making the guest accountable for they action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Unbeleivable and it makes me remove my listing......after clerly uploading pictures and followig Arbnb policy to report within 24 hr the mess the guest left me with and vialeiton of my listed rules  and the guest accepting the rules before they can make a booking ......Arbnb is siting with the gust and offered me $20.00 ..are you kidding me.

Arbnb didn't even bother reading the communication between myself and her ,where I specifically said to respect my home. Also,  did not bother reading my house rues or manual where I clearly stating they will be post charges if we found the home in unsatisfactory condition ...which it was..

Arbnb is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so MAD 

I work hard and pay professional people to keep my home in a perfect condition and Arbnb is not supporting my home and rules that I have in place...WHAT IS THE POINT if I cannot enforce the rules for this type of guest and Airbnb let this guest do whatever?????

Hi @Inna22 ,

this thread reads like an abb advertisement, too good to be true:

"Airbnb Trust and safety team is a critical component of Airbnb’s success"

@Ute42

exactly!   that's the first thing I thought while reading it 😄 I even went to see if this profile is new and fake , but it isn't. 

Ha!

The host gurantee is an absolute farce! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Vaishali-and-Nehal0 for sharing your positive experience here in the Community Center. It is great to hear. 

Happy hosting. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

My apartment was completely demolished on 10th November 2018. I reported this immediately to Airbnb and I still didn’t get any answer from them. I called Airbnb more than 5 times and they are telling me that I have to wait. It was almost 2 moths ago! How long I have to wait? What to do next? I will be very grateful for some advice.