Extending or changing a booking

Turquoise0
Level 2
Rethimnon, Greece

Extending or changing a booking

Hello!

It would help me a lot to let me know about the following issues

1) I have a booking confirmed arrives next month for 8 nights and the guest wants to entend that stay for more 3 nights (in total 11 nights). My questions...

a) is it simple to make by my end this alteration? b) what steps to follow to do that. Also, we have offered this booking with a reduction for the original 8 nights, My question: in case of an extension, does the reduction will follow the 11 nights stay (is it needed to change any settings)? Will need to offer a discounted price to guest?

or is it better to do a new booking for three nights (but this will add to my guest more fees than the original). Could you give some tips how to do that change in a secure way?

2) One guest also asked to check-in earlier one day our property and check-out one day earlier as well, so no actual change to the duration of stay. Is it possible to do the change, do I have any penalties for that? What if, leave the reservation as it is and let the guest check-in and check-out earlier?

Could you please reply at your earliest conveninece?

Thank you

Turquoise

5 Replies 5
Kenneth-And-Lilia0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

The guest has to make both those changes.  You dont do anything

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Turquoise0  You can alter the reservation by selecting the Change/Cancel button. Select change and you can alter the dates it will recalulate the amount due if any. The click on Submit Alteration at the bottom. The guest gets the altered reservation and accepts then your all set.  

Jill295
Level 4
Fort Lauderdale, FL

What I have done in this case is to simply adjust my fee for the dates requested for the extention, then tell the guest to make a new (additional) (second) reservation for the dates wanted. Be sure to not only open the dates, adjust the fee offered. And also remove the additional cleaning fee. 

Turquoise0
Level 2
Rethimnon, Greece

Thank you for yor replies! @Letti0 can i make the change the day of the check-in before the time i have put as a check-in time, what the system takes right about the time of the check-in (time zone). what if the guest checks-in and then make the alteration?

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Turquoise0  You can alter the reservation until check in time, but after that it's a request for money or a call to AirBnB to alter the reservation for you.