Extra charges for use of house facilities on long stays

Extra charges for use of house facilities on long stays

hi there!

We are pretty new hosts on airbnb - so this might have been discussed!

Quick one - we are letting out a room in our own home (where we live) and we stated there would be no access to kitchen and respective facilties. We have two people wanting to stay for more than 2 months asking to use the kitchen and washing machine. As the current price doesn't include / reflect this, could we charge £50 extra / month for them to use of the kitchen and wash their clothes? How does Airbnb rules sit with this matter?

Guest should read the facilities available though, but we have not anticipated the early demand for lengthy stays.

Someone help us on this asap?

Many thanks!

Ana & Nicolas

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ana-and-Nicolas0 

You can mention in the Airbnb message system what extra amenities or facilities you will provide and what the extra costs are. If they agree to that, you can sent them a special offer with the increased price.

Please note this is a "long term stay", so please read the special conditions in the HELP system (enter keywords "long term stay"). It is also adviced to make clear appoinments about use of washingmachine (how often etc.. - ) and kitchen. My "long term stay" guests (single persons) can use washingmachine max. once a week.

Best regards,

Emiel

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Ana-and-Nicolas0 

You are new to Airbnb. Do you have other similiar experience with hosting strangers in your own house?

Yes, you can charge for kitchen use but should you?

There was a reason you said NO kitchen use.... why change that good policy?  

I would go crazy having entitled strangers in my kitchen.  With all those knives around, I'm afraid what would damage could be done when my craziness kicked in!

Can you let this one pass? You state you are unprepared for a long term stay, why not respect that voice inside?