Extra large guests

Jess25
Level 1
Wrexham, United Kingdom

Extra large guests

This sounds terrible...

I have a couple booked to stay and from their cover picture, they are extremely large.

My little studio is not designed for this size person and they are guaranteed to crack the shower tray (normal size people have already done this and I have repaired it) and they will definitly not fit in the chails (tub seats I have) without breaking / weakening them.

The bed base is made of ply board, fine for normal ish sized guests, but we are taliking up around the 18 stone x 2.

How can I cancel this reservation without insulting them?

I have tried to talk to airbnb but there is no one there and I can't leave a message.

Help 😞

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Jess25 You need to talk to the guests gently - they might be aware of their supersizes - I guess the shower size explanation is the easiest. Make sure to offer them a full refund, that might be a catch. 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Jess25

You have instant book on - you can cancel a reservation without penalty on the grounds that you are not comfortable with the guest. This is what I would do in your delicate case - no explanation needed.

For ways of contacting airbnb, find the help under the discuss tab above.

Dimitra22
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Dear Jess this has happened to me twice and unexpected..The first guest was overweighted and sat on my 600 eur bali chair and broke it after a week. I had to pay 100 eur for repair and because I was ashamed didn t ask the amount from him. The sec guest is in my home right now with a group if 6 persons...But unlike you I hadn t the chance to see a pic in advance because other friends of him reserved the house. I wrote in airbnb through a link tge customer service advised me/ send me to provide feedback on this matter. I suggested 2 solutions: 1 st to be able to know in advance like it is stated 4 adults..two kids eg and one adult overweighted, so as to make if possible special arrangements for this person eg to bring the couch of the balcony inside the house for him to sit mostly there.2nd solution a filter in airbnb before the reservation for houses proper for overweighted persons, like they have for persons with special needs..A fat person has absolutely special needs and can be up to the host whether his house is suitable to stand so much weight without making crash tests to the furniture!! If you find this form which says provide feedback or report a bug, I would advice to state your experience for future use also. I know this happened to you last year!

Karen108
Level 2
Feltham, United Kingdom

I also worry a lot when I have guests who are overweight. I feel it’s unfair on the host because, in my case, I don’t think my guest bed is strong enough. I recently had a guy turn up who was extremely large and I felt awful for thinking it but I really felt that he should have mentioned his size when booking 😞 I don’t have instant book.