Extra people charges

Nadica0
Level 1
Ohrid, Macedonia

Extra people charges

How do I set charges for extra people? This option is available on my listing online, but I can't find where I can change it in my profile

5 Replies 5
Hubert0
Level 3
Bellevue, WA

Go to "Manage Listings" and click on the "Manage Listing and Calendar". On the left, click on "Calendar", then on the top-right there will  be a "Pricing Settings". It's in the "Additional Pricing Options".

I've found that air B&B doesn't charge the extra when they take payment.  So if someone rents a room priced for 2 people and they bring one extra and it states in the pricing is extra why doesn't air B&B charge them the extra?

@Holly-Jo0 I believe it should be charged, as long as the booker set the right number of guests. For example, I just check with one of your listing, and if I set the number of guests to 3, it's $70/night instead of $45/night.

With that said, it's possible that the booker didn't mention the extra guest until they show up. It's always to confirm before their trip, and if they still bring extra guest, insist on "altering" the booking during the check-in. You could add one guest and the price will be reflected, then the guest just needs to confirm from their side & finish the payment.

Slavica2
Level 2
Zadar, Croatia

Hi Nadica,

I hope you will not have any situation like this in the future, but just in case you do here is how you can handle it:

Instead of canceling the reservation you could send them an alteration with a check out for tomorrow. Simply tell them that a family matter has come up and you will need the space.

If you want to make any changes to an existing reservation, you can send your guest an alteration request. This will allow you to adjust the dates or price of an accepted reservation, modify the number of guests, or switch the reservation to another one of your listings on Airbnb. Simply go to Your Listings > Your Reservations. Find the reservation, and click on the Alter or Cancel button. On the next screen, head to Alter Reservation.

You’ll be shown a subtotal, which you can adjust according to your needs. Be sure to enter a number with no symbols or spaces, and make sure the price is inclusive of your nightly rate, cleaning fee, rates for extra guests, etc. (just like a Special Offer). The subtotal is the reservation total before Airbnb service fees, which are then adjusted automatically according to the new reservation subtotal.

It’s important to remember that any alteration requests you submit are always subject to availability and terms and must be accepted by your guest. If the alteration is accepted, the cancelation policy is updated according to the new reservation details. At acceptance, your host payout will be updated and the guest will be charged or refunded according to the change in price. If the alteration is declined, the original reservation details remain intact.

Check this article on the topic: www.airbnb.com/help/question/50

I hope this will help you. Good luck!

Slavica

Paul7980
Level 1
Vermont, United States

hi, 

I have two guests arriving today. Last night she requested two additional guests.  I updated my listing to include up to 4 guests.  Then changed her reservation and she accepted the update. ( which I told her about when she made the request.

I do not see that her price has gone up or the payout to me.  How come and when and how will that work. Thanks

(sorry if this was previously answered)

Paul