Extra persons showed up, and refuse to pay for the extra people.

Leonidas3
Level 1
Athens, Greece

Extra persons showed up, and refuse to pay for the extra people.

So I have been with Airbnb for a while now and i always had great visitors. Me and my family go the extra mile to make them comfortable and enjoy Greek filoxenia.

Today unfortunately, I had a booking for 8 people, but when they arrived they were 9. We can only accomodate 8, but as this was a family including 3 children (14-16) I didn't want to send them away in the night. I asked for an extra fee due to the fact that we also give breakfast, but they refused as "there is no extra bed".

What should I do? Just wait for the checkout and then report this? I cant find a link to report straight away to Airbnb.

3 Replies 3
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

By allowing them in and continuing to host them, you have effectively agreed to no extra payment. You can, again, send them a request through the Resolution Center or you can contact Airbnb to have them re-homed.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Leonidas3 I had similar  situation last year and asked ABB what I can do. I was told that if my guests come with more people then they booked I can refuse to host them and contact ABB to cancell their reservaton. Or request additional charge and make them agree before let them in the apartment (literrary on the street in front of the building) 

Now when they are allready inside they can accept or refuse to pay and you can do what @Cynthia-and-Chris1 told you.

Thank you for your answers 🙂 Unfortunately I only saw the last person (who was in the parking lot up to then) when we took them to the forth and last room we had prepared for them. There was no mention whatsoever that there was an extra room so at this point there was nothing to do.

I have escalated this to ABB asking to review the visitors profile as I would like this to happen to another host. He has refused paying either via ABB or in person so I am letting them stay for the night but I will definately give a 1star review. 

I hop ABB do something about people that do that and I learnt a valuable lesson to never take people to their rooms one by one 🙂

As an ex-superhost with only 5 star reviews, today is a sad day.