Extra pet fees?

Answered!
Tanya8
Level 3
Berkeley, CA

Extra pet fees?

My listing is pet-friendly, but I would like to charge an additional pet fee (or higher cleaning fee) for those individual guests who will stay with pets.

Is there any way to do that AFTER someone has sent me a reservation request?

Thanks!

1 Best Answer

There are a couple ways you could handle it. The first is to let them know in the initial response what your pet fee is (I have mine clearly posted in my ad in two or three different places) and then alter the reservation. The second is to ask that they pay you upon arrival. In that first option, I let people know that I'll accept the reservation but then need to alter it in order to collect for the pet. If it is an inquiry, then you can give a special rate that includes your normal rate, plus any cleaning or pet fees. Seems like it would be a lot easier if there was a pet fee spot next to the number of guests or just as there is a cleaning fee added or not.  Alas, this is not yet the case. Not sure why, so many people travel with pets.  Best to you! Marcy

If this is helpful, please rate with a thumbs-up below. TY!

View Best Answer in original post

109 Replies 109

BIG OVERSIGHT -- there should be a clearly marked "PETS ALLOWED" with a price descriptor for "Pet Fee" button. We have the type of pet and fee in the rules but guess what, nobody reads them - this is a huge oversighth on the part of AirBNB and is surprising that after all these years they have no improved this must have...All hospitality brands clearly indiicate pet fee ----

So I've got an idea that I'm going to try and let y'all know how it goes:

Instead of trying to add a charge for a pet fee, I'll increase my regular cleaning fee to ASSUME a pet is coming, and state in the listing that if the guest does NOT have a pet, they'll be refunded/modified the difference. 

I think this will make it more of a positive than a negative, and eliminate the begging for money.

Marc726
Level 2
Beechworth, Australia

Click on the "give feedback" link at the bottom of the pricing page - ask that Airbnb add a per night or per stay pet fee.  (the more people that do this the better chance it will get done)

Mike730
Level 2
Burbank, CA

Pleas add a radial button for a  pet fee where we can determine the cost.

Robert1761
Level 1
Ontario, CA

AirBnB, pleeeeaaaaaasse add a pet cleaning fee. So many guests used airbnb over hotels because of their pets and it cost me $100 more from the cleaning company. It could be so easy, but instead I have the choice for awkward interactions that could upset people with using airbnb or raising my price overall and just charging everyone a bit more to cover the average cost.