Extremely low rating disappointment

Jeanne665
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

Extremely low rating disappointment

I only started hosting end of 2021. I'm still learning but most of my guests scored between 4 and 5. 

Last week i had a couple staying for a week. Never stayed in an Airbnb before. I'm extremely annoyed, disappointed with their low rating which lower my overall rating too 😡 On value they score 1, commnunication 1, location 2. Before their arrival, every time they ask me a question and very often, I answered and provided them with everything. On value, I think they did expect a Hotel service.. I don't know! They got as complementary every day: biscuits, pastries, cakes as well as unlimited tea/coffee!

On their booking, they only mentioned they come due to exams but did not mentioned that the bf was working - so he just stuck in the room. I mentioned that I work a lot from home and 2 days a week, I need to have the space to coach online at 1pm for an hour, and at times I work late at night but can do in my room.

How do you deal with such situation? I'm really really annoyed but  I noticed that some guests, especially the newbies always give bad reviews and scoring.

1 Reply 1
Sandi48
Level 9
Los Gatos, CA

So are you implying  that you need the rental room to online coach? It's too bad that they were unhappy about your space. You seem to have tried to be a good host but it appears that good communication wasn't  there?  Could you provide more details?