Eyeball rolling reasons why guests give low ratings

Kemi6
Level 10
Johannesburg, South Africa

Eyeball rolling reasons why guests give low ratings

Hello fellow hosts, 

(posted this in help originall,  instead of hosting.. Anyway here goes....) 

What reasons have guests given you as what informed their decisions to leave a low rating, that have made you roll your eyes? 🙄

Let's share, so we can blow off some steam at some and smile at others.

So we can also draw strength from knowing we are not alone on this hosting journey. 

So here's mine: reason was there were not enough plug points. We have 7 plug points in that space (maximum legal requirement is 8), 5 of which are visible and available for use (they are all double socket plug points). How much plug points does one need????

Enjoy your day!! 😉

7 Replies 7
Ashley678
Level 7
Apache Junction, AZ

because i'm to skinny and ride horses bareback ....like the wind 🙂 

eyeballs... 

That's a new one and definitely an eye-roller.  It's really hard to connect the dots on what they were thinking but I guess that is why you posted it.

Eileen0
Level 9
London, United Kingdom

I just got a 3 star review from guests who said in their private message to me, that it was like staying at a friend's place, and therefore wasn't worth the cost!

I don’t know why. I got 5 rating for every individual box then overall 4

Kemi6
Level 10
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hello @Penny309

Your experience is a very common one for hosts and one that has generated a lot of discussion here within the community.

I did get a better understanding from @Huma0 's post. I hope it helps. The link is below

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/The-General-Confusion-About-Star-Ratings/m-p/866168

because many guests who are new to this platform don't even know how it works... don't take it personal. Just do your best and learn fast the ropes ...

Thank you