FAKE and FRAUDULENT LISTING

Claudio387
Level 2
Rome, Italy

FAKE and FRAUDULENT LISTING

Hello,

I just found out somebody is using my villa photos and they have created a fake listing of my house.
This is a total fraud and we need to do something before one of your guests' books that place to find out it does not exist.

Stunning Villa, a tropical sanctuary near Canggu
I had one of your photographers to come around two months ago and I am going through the airbnb plus procedure application.

Please help me out
Thank you

Claudio

27 Replies 27
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Claudio387 ,

The link to your listing must be:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11341381

You can report the fake listing to Airbnb by using the "flagged" textlink in the lising.

Bes regards, Emiel

Claudio387
Level 2
Rome, Italy

yes Emiel, that's my listing

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11341381

as you can see they have copied all the photos and create 5 new listings.

I have already flagged everything, spoke to the support, but nothing is happening

it is really frustrating to say the least

Claudio

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Claud1io

I believe that this is going on, as a friend of my daughter was scammed last year and lost all her money.

This is terrible.

I hope you get in touch with la Guardia Della Finanza.

Just curious does the fake host also have government ID and verified  email and verified phone number?

I travel to Italy frequently, but I have avoided air bnb in Rome and Naples, booking hotels instead as I’m worried I get scammed by a fake air bnb listing....how can guests check if the listing is fake before booking?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Claudio387

I don't know if the link you posted is correct Claudio, but Jonathon, the profile associated with that link is a guest from an island in the Mediterranean and has 29 reviews as a guest, but none as a host!!!

Cheers.....Rob

Claudio387
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Dear Robin,

actually, Johnathan had 5 listings with photos from my villa.

LUCKILY and AMAZINGLY Airbnb took them down today.

Which by the way makes me really happy!!!

@Airbnb2 well done!!!
Thank you

Claudio

Claudio387
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Dear Robin,

in addition to that.

Those reviews were not real.

Anyway all good now

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Claudio387

If I understood correctly, Airbnb took those listings down within 24 hours since you flagged and spoke with CS ?

Claudio387
Level 2
Rome, Italy

I spoke to one of the support on the live chat

amazing job he did

very happy

@Claudio387

Great! good to know 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Now the question is, will they delete his account altogether, so he can't book as a guest either? I sure hope so- who would want this criminal as a guest?

Ina57
Level 2
Martina Franca, Italy

a very similar thing is happening to me. There are three fraudulent listings on Airbnb using my pictures and very similar description. I have flagged this and written to Airbnb various times already. They won't do anything about it. This is a true nightmare, both to my reputation and of course to travelers who might book and  then find out they haven't got a place for their holidays. What can I do?

We have had a man turn up at our house which isn't listed on airbnb it is our home. Someone called Luohao has listed it as £13 a night, taken the money off the man online and obviously the booking doesn't exist. What do we do about this? We found the profile and now it has disappeared. I'm pregnant too and worried in case we have anymore random people turn up at our door. 

Frank53
Level 1
Durban, South Africa

This is another fake listing of my home.

3 phone  over 3 days calls and numerous people have reported it but still not taken down by airbnb

3 people have been scammed already.

The modus operandi seem that when the guests books and pays, the contact details are then known of both parties. The scammer then either asks for a breakage deposit to be paid privately or asks the guest to cancel on offer to pay direct for a massive discount.

Come on airbnb! This is ruining business and your platform. Why is it taking so long to take these down?

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/37812180?location=zimbali&adults=8&check_in=2019-08-27&check_out=201...

Paul7661
Level 2
Novato, CA

Here is another fake listing! This person posing as Judith Vosman is using one of my properties as an AirBnB property for rent.  It is completely fake.  Someone called me today to bring it to my attention and to inquire if I was renting my property.  Below is the email the potential renter sent me that was sent to them from the scammer Judith Vosman.  

Date: Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 12:34
Subject: Re: 2130 Leavenworth St Apt 15 Inquiry
To: REMOVED THIS EMAIL FOR PRIVACY

Hi Pr___av,

Thank you for your interest in renting my apartment, I'm flexible in renting 2 to 48 months lease.

It's a 1 bedroom and 1 bath apartment, here you can see some pictures: https://myalbum.com/album/XZYixRDeZtL432
The apartment address is : 2130 Leavenworth St Apt 15, San Francisco, CA 94133

The apartment comes fully furnished and with all the necessary amenities, exactly as you can see in the pictures, with dishwasher, washing machine, air conditioning, TV and internet.
Private parking space available for free, washer and dryer in the unit, all the utilities are included in the monthly rent.

The rental price per month, for the entire apartment, is $950,00, security deposit is $950,00 so the total cost to move in is $1,900.00.

My name is Judith Vosman and I'm originally from Amsterdam, Netherlands. I have worked in the United States for three years and I bought the apartment during my stay there. I'm the owner of it. Now, I have moved back home to Amsterdam, Netherlands with my family for at least 4 years and I'm interested in renting through Airbnb. I'm looking for a serious and responsible person to care, keep the apartment clean and see it as his own home. It would be great if you can send me some personal information about you (age, employment, lifestyle, etc)

If you are interested please let me know so I can explain how you can rent my apartment, long term contract, through Airbnb.

Best wishes, Judith Vosman