FEATURE REQUEST: Set a Discount Percentage Off of Fee for Open Days in the Next 5 Days, Week, etc.

FEATURE REQUEST: Set a Discount Percentage Off of Fee for Open Days in the Next 5 Days, Week, etc.

I'm the type of host that wants to book guests as much as possible. The system has made recent improvements in allowing/suggesting discounting 3-10 day stays in the near future and I've taken advantage of this feature and think it's great (also, where do I edit this once I've set it?). I think it would be a benefit to both hosts and guests if we, as hosts, had a setting to create an automatic discount (%5, %15, etc. - open option) for the next set period of time (5 days, one week, 15 days, etc.). For example, the next rolling 7 calendar days for any dates that are available but haven't been booked are discounted %15 no matter if they are smart priced or static. This would allow hosts to more easily fill up near term dates that haven't been booked yet.

We're currently able to set a rolling availability window (3 months, 6 months, etc.). We can also set discounts on various lengths of stay.  And now we've recently been given the option of discounting specific weeks. It seems like the same mechanics as the rolling availability could possibly be applied to a rolling discount so I don't have to manage a combiniation of these other options and keep coming back to tweek and update. I think this would allow hosts to receive more near-term bookings and could be promoted to guests as "It's not too late!".

John

Duluth, MN

3 Replies 3
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@John-and-Nora0 My rates have discount settings for Early Bird, Last Minute & Length of stay. Does yours not?

Hi @Kelly149. Thanks for the reply! I've just looked again and on my Pricing page I have a section for Length-of-stay discounts. I don't see the other two. I have Smart Pricing turned on. Would this cause those other options to not be available? That would be odd. Should I see those on the Pricing page?

@John-and-Nora0 yes, in my listing they are just below the length of stay discount on the pricing page, above the Extra Charges. Certainly wouldn't expect SP to effect that, but I do not use SP so can't say for sure. We're both in the US, so don't know why I'd have one that you don't. If it isn't on your pricing page, I'd ask CS to explain