Does anyone use Facebook ads/Google ads?

Does anyone use Facebook ads/Google ads?

Hi,

Have any of you used Facebook or Google ads?

Did they work for you? Did you get more inquiries/bookings because of these?

Would be interested to know.

Thanks!

JAKE

24 Replies 24
Ashley105
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

I have this question as well

Yes, tried it a couple of times...it did increase my views but no inquiries or bookings at all..

Todd-and-Beth0
Level 3
Las Cruces, NM

I am running a national ad campaign right now (USA). And, no, it's not a multi-million dollar ad campaign. It's for a whole $10. After 3 days and about 480 impressions (people who see the ad) I have had 6 people click on the ad that takes them to my ABB listing. But I've also had one person "like" my facebook page. Hopefully, the person liking my page is a future customer.

Is it a success? Probably not. But it's fun and it's worthwhile to experiment. I need to learn what people want to click on.

Todd & Beth, how did you track the people who went from Facebook to clicking the link to Airbnb? Installing a pixel on a site is the way to track clicks from Facebook to your website. However, since I don't have acess to the source coding for my Airbnb listing I am unable to insert a pixel. So I don't know how to track the efficitivness of my Facebook ads. How do you track your facebook ads? 

Ryan, it is far simpler. FB tracks it for you

you can't use pixel but just u need to know the exacte targeting in your country , for example like people who travel in this location , engaged shoppers like this ... you need to create a traffic compigne not engagement 

Hi Anas How are I am Mohamed from Eljadida, I have been run Ads for different purposes not for AIRBNB listing so I am new here just I want to know if there's a possibility to speak with you on the phone I need to know some information about that business 

thanks 

You can set up a custom link that is trackable. It's called bit.ly. I would set up a few : one for emails, one for instagram, facebook, and even linkedin. It's important to know which platform your leads are coming from, so you can double down your efforts there. If you need help with this contact me on **

Also....I would set up a retargeting ad set so you can retarget anyone who already clicked on your ad. These are a huge cost saver and tend to get better results

3rd tip: Try creating a lead magnet (downloadable resource) for people who are viewing your ad. Something like "Top 10 things to do in Charleston that nobody knows about" and create an AMAZING downloadable pdf for it. This will build your email list and you can continue to nurture this list until they are ready (for free)

**[Personal information hidden - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to share any personal details publicly. You can message each other privately instead.

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

No I haven't done it,don't want to attract the locals you know what I mean

Todd-and-Beth0
Level 3
Las Cruces, NM

We've been running an ad on Facebook for nearly a year. They tell us that the ad has been viewed by 241,479 people. 235,848 are women and a lot of those are aged 35-44. From those views 17,411 have actually clicked the ad to get to the ABB listing. From there the results get very fuzzy. We have no idea if any of these clicks resulted in a booking. But one thing is certain, people have to look at your listing before any will book it.

@Ryan300 We don't use the pixel. The stats are given to us by Facebook. I think the pixel might help us learn what the person does once they get on the ABB site, including whether they book or not. But, like you, we can't imbed the pixel in the ABB site.

If it helps to know, we are seeing a cost of $0.04 per click.

Hi Todd and Beth,

What type of ads are you running? (Traffic, engagement, conversion, etc)

Thanks,

Land

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Jake-And-Caren0 I run Facebook ads. The biggest benefit is many have 'liked' and now follow my rental's Facebook page. From there, my rental's Facebook page posts and my blog posts generate even more interest and can lead to bookings. With that said, if I had to look at cost versus bookings received, it is negligible, but there is also 'the hundredth monkey' effect; at some point a few bookings may result and the ad is paid for many times over. I've definitely had a few inquiries as the results of the ads and people do say they plan to book in the future. 

The other benefit is that people around town recognize the name of my rental when it comes up because of these ads. I'm amazed how many locals know about my place because of the ads and my posts on our town's FB community page and the FB classifieds for our area. So if it is in your budget, the Facebook ads do bring name recognition. I'll know more during the 2nd year, once the seeds have had time to sprout. The first year (running ads) was about planting the seeds. They need time to grow before they can be cultivated and harvested. 

Hi Rebecca, would you mind inboxing me the link to your rentals FB page? I'm starting to create one myself, it would be great to see what you have done.