Fake Cancellation, Fake Airbnb Rep,

Fake Cancellation, Fake Airbnb Rep,

We had a guest who stayed on the property for a couple of days, and we assumed everything was okay and then to our amazement, Airbnb cancels reservation and claims we cancelled it. Airbnb claims we actually talked to an Airbnb representative and we cancelled a reservation (twice) that we had no idea there was a problem with.

No compensation for two days and the week is blocked in high season.

WE NEVER TALKED TO AIRBNB OR MESSAGED AIRbnb IN REGARDS TO THIS GUEST OR STAY AND NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND HOW THAT HAPPENED. .

AFTER WAITING ON HOLD GETTING HUNG UP ON THREE TIMES TALKING TO OVER 5 PEOPLE ON AIRBNB SPENDING OVER 2 HOURS EXPLAINING THAT WE NEVER CANCELLED THE RESERVATION. WE HAVE SUCCUMBED TO THE AIRBNB BORG AND REALIZED. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

4 Replies 4
Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

It could be that Airbnb messaged you and asked (at the guests' request) if you could would accept to cancel the booking. This happens sometimes and hosts get mixed up because they think the guest is cancelling, wheras Airbnb are asking you to cancel. I'm not sure if that's what happened to you. It's unusual during the course of a booking, and if my guess is correct, you've been scammed and you've had a rough time. I hope it works out. 

Jarg0
Level 10
Bad Zwischenahn, Germany

@Armitage-Property-Group0

Please read this first

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1250/what-should-i-do-if-my-host-needs-to-cancel

If the guest do choose "My host needs to cancel"

then the trap begins to start.

You must know that if you get the Cancellion Question a timer will begin to tick

You have  2 Options to answer but the third Option is the timer

Yes

No

Do nothing (timer)

If you say YES you cancel for the guest. (Penalties for you)

If you say NO the guest can stay longer, no risk for you.

If you do nothing or dont react the timer will say YES for You.

Did you understand this?

Its a trap, to the detriement for the host.

We were never contacted......4 years approximately 200 guests.. We have never canceled... The approach, employees and systems in place are so erratic.... No rhyme or reason or logic... 

How are you can be sure that not an employer or a fired employer with "Handling Knowing" will do the cancellation?

The world and ABB ist not perfect. Deal with it and and better times will come. And, you dont lost the Superhost, so Business will  go on.