Fake profile?

Stephanie1630
Level 2
Greater Sudbury, Canada

Fake profile?

I just had a girl book for a week in one of my self-checkin suites. She said her "and a friend" were coming to stay for the week. Her ID was verified, had a profile pic but had no reviews. 

I happen to also own a bar downstairs from my suites and was getting ready to open when I saw a guy struggling to get the key from the lockbox outside the door to the building.

At the same time, I received a message from the girl that her boyfriend was having issues with the lockbox so I opened the door to talk him through it. He had the access code I sent her so I thought nothing of it.

Now I see on my security camera that there are 3 guys coming in with bags to go upstairs - no girl.

What should I do now? Keep an eye on them? Am I being paranoid?

2 Replies 2
Julie3708
Level 2
Calabasas, CA

I would activate the community safety support, especially when the host is female living near the place the guy guests are staying. No money is worth the headaches and safety of anyone who is hosting. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Contact the woman who booked, ask who is the "boyfriend" who was on the booking, ask where the woman who booked is, and tell the others to leave immediately, they are trespassing. If it was a fraudulent booking, and the woman isn't actually coming, tell them all to leave. @Stephanie1630