False review removed and then later added back

Joseph272
Level 3
Signal Hill, CA

False review removed and then later added back

I am completely disgusted how I am not backed up by Airbnb and how a former guest can still be allowed to harras me. I had a review removed as it violated your own terms as it did not reflect the guests true experience. The guests prices were not changed mid stay. This guest had no reviews and no prior activity on Airbnb. You allowed her to leave a public reply to my review that uses profanity to insult me. I am a superhost and have not had a negative review until this scam artist guest came to stay with me. She is a two times bankruptcy filer, she mislead me on her purpose to visit and education level. She filed bankruptcy and discharged the same month she came to stay with me. I’m thankful that she did not become a bigger nightmare or a squatter in my home as it is clear she is a scam artist. Airbnb did nothing to help or support me and even reversed a final decision to remove a review. How many times can Sharonda call to make complaints about me when she has checked out? Why did you do this to me? This is not how I would expect to be treated! Sharonda should not be allowed on the platform! Save other hosts from the nightmare I experienced!

20 Replies 20
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Joseph272 you are addressing the host community forum here, not Airbnb.

Sorry!

Debbie96
Level 8
Oxford, United Kingdom

Dear Joseph,   I not AIRBNB but so very sorry you've had this lousy experience!  Thank you, though, for sharing it as it is a cautionary tale of how things could go wrong.   I agree with some of what you say in that I'm pretty certain that AIRBNB seems to be more attentive to the needs of the guests and less attentive to the needs of the hosts.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Joseph272 I hope if you haven't yet, that you click the Report Guest button, I have, bc this gal shouldn't be in the abb system as a guest with that attitude.

I'd keep trying on the review removal, but really I think anyone could see thru her words, the stars though will stay with you for 12 months, so that's lousy. Goodluck

I did , thank you Kelly! 🙂

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Joseph272 ,

Your former guest is calling You a "piece of crap" in her response to Your review of her.

How can this be in line with the airbnb review guidelines?

Hello, I asked the same question and they said they do not keep a list of words that can or cannot be used as profanity so that this reply will stand.... I really do not understand the lack of support....

Hi @Joseph272 ,

interesting that they don't have a list of unappropriate words for the reviewdepartement, because for the Community Center there is such list. If You are using the wrong word in this CC of theirs, they bleep it out.

Ava30
Level 10
Eureka, CA

@Joseph272, What a complete PITA! I flagged the review for Fake Content, anyone that has a profile can do that btw. It is completely obvious it is fake because you cannot change pricing halfway through a stay unless they approve it. She might be thinking that the fees that Airbnb adds over and above your listing price was the price change, but even still, she didn't address it at the time, like normal grown folk do. Keep pushing. It might be possible to at least get her profile removed from the platform based on their own requirements. She only has a letter for her name and no picture of her face. Worth a shot at least. Good Luck!

Note,  after long experience,  I would not host a guest without a real picture.

There is a real picture of her, it is the second one (guests can add lots)...

her profile description is something like “never again abb” so you might be able to get CS to remove her. 

If everyone who reads this thread Reports her profile maybe? that will trigger something 

heres hoping

Hi @Kelly149 and @Joseph272 ,

I have just flagged and reported this guest stating:

"This guest is calling a former host a "piece of crap" in an reviewresponse and I believe this is unappropriate."

@Kelly149 and @Joseph272  I also reported her profile. 

@Kenneth12, and I wouldn't host a guest by the name of "S!"