Families with kids and wetted sheets :(

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Families with kids and wetted sheets :(

We usually do not host children. We did , we regret it and stopped, then made few exceptions, regret it again and we are now officially done with hosting children forever. It is (also but not only ) because EVERY family we hosted had at least one child who peed in bed. And I am talking about kids 3 - 5 - 7.... y.o. , not about infants. 

And NOT THE SINGLE ONE told us about the accident! 

Some of them just left all wetted beddings hanging on the door or in a pile on the floor so we could only guess why they did it, what's happend and on which bed. Others just covered wetted sheet with a duvet hoping we will not notice (??!!) and one of them even turned over the mattrass!

Of course we had to notice it first and then spend significant amount of our very narrow cleaning time to check all beds and all beddings to see what is wetted and to replace it. 

What is wrong with those people? What is wrong with kids today? Do they pee in bed until puberty??? 

We do have water proof sheets on all mattrasses but what bothers me the most is that they don't say anything and don't ask for new sheets . They just transfer their kid to another bed  ... 

Funny thing is that the last family instant booked for all adults (!) and then mentioned 3 small children only in a message. I didn't cancel just because they had all great reviews.  Then they asked for a discount for children (!) and for late check out (!) . Luckly I denied othervise the apartment would not be ready on time for another guest . 

Now I had enough and decided to mention wetted bed in a review and to warn future hosts about it .  Any help with a review is much appreciated , thank you...

36 Replies 36

@Branka-and-Silvia0     Je ne parle pas Croate   😞

What if you gave baby diapers to couples with children and warn them that if someone pee in bed they will be charged the amount of money equivalent to a new mattres ! (Meaning, if the security deposit deposit cover it).

@J-Renato0 thank you for your suggestion but those were all kids 3-9 y.o. , they don't want to wear dipers any more (but obviously should)

Our mattrasses are OK thanks to waterproof sheets but extra loundry has to be done to wash those waterproof sheets and duvets and extra time to carefully check all beds and beddings , sofa etc.... It would save me time if parents would tell me and separate all what was wetted . Unfortunatelly they don't say anything and some of them even try to hide it. With very narrow cleaning time between back to back bookings that's the problem especially because they also leave more mess then adult guests.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

That was the idea, tell parents that if somebody pees on the bed or everywhere out of the toilet they would be charged... and the diapers would be to people of all age 🙂

Anyway I see your point... if you have a change of guests on the same day and few time to clean, it would not be practical to take the risk...

Interesting, that I have hosted many couples with one baby and sometimes with one kid, but  almost all of them were from my country. Fortunatelly everything was ok.... knocking 3 times on wood 🙂

Frequently I host families with small kids. All my bed matresses and futons have water proof covers. All my bed spreads are washable. To date, I have not had any problems. Knock on wood! 

Add to the list my experiences.... soiled sheets or duvets... just disappear... why ? so as not to have to explain the issue - they ditch them with the weekly garbage... even for two large jasa pembuatan website rugs... then insist they were never there when they booked in.

@Master0 oh.. even better 😞

I think it happend to us few times too... we noticed some bath and kitchen towels are missing so it could be the reason

I just started airbnb.

today guests cancelled just afer check in and asked for refund. I agreed, but i don't know what to do this. I go to Resolution centre and clicked "send money", but  i was asked the method to send money, such as Master card, even the card number, I havenot got the money into my account yet, how should I to do? I called airbnb help phone# 1 855 424 7262 twice and failed to get representatives.

thanks for any advise.

Cathy

@Cathy176 you don't have to do anything, it is between them and Airbnb. If they canceled they will be refunded according to your cancelation policy.

thank you. i feel much better now.

No children under two. I do not want the responsibility of an infant. It is costly to add gates, furniture, etc. Absolutely cara menggugurkan kehamilan no eating in bedrooms. Thus far, I have had very few problems. You have to set the House Rules. Parents are solely responsible for their own offspring. 

hi there

thank you for the info. My next guests will have two children. I need to ask how old and remind them this.

thanks.

cathy

I always find out ages and names of children. No children under two. I do not want the responsibility of an infant. It is costly to add gates, furniture, etc. Absolutely no eating in bedrooms. Thus far, I have had very few problems. You have to set the House Rules. Parents are solely responsible for their own offspring. 

@Welcome0 you would be surprised but 6- 7 y.o. kids pee in bed too. 

Rosa-JH0
Level 2
Long Beach, NY

Yuck, but lots of kids pee bed especially in new places, however, do you have a washing machine? They should have washed the sheets. 

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

We have yet to have any bed wetters but we did have our first time dealing with vomit.  Guests were a group of 6 adults.  They were at the property for less than 48 hours.  Not the friendliest group we ever hosted but OK in general.  We always do an exit walk-through as guests check out.  They seemed in a bit of a rush so I did a quick tour and sent them on their way.  While cleaning the kitchen, I thougt it odd they used 3 full rolls of paper towels on such a short stay.  Then I noticed all the cleaning supplies under the kitchen sink had been rearranged.  Next, why is the bathroom mat in the laundry hamper instead of on the floor?  OK, now I understand.  I will admit they did a fairly good job of cleaning up but never mentioned any problem to me when they were leaving.  Glad I wear rubber gloves when I clean up after guests.