Fed guest for 5 days dinner/lunch/breakfast

Josephine70
Level 3
Everett, WA

Fed guest for 5 days dinner/lunch/breakfast

Guest stayed for 5 days and everytime he comes home, he asked if I have leftover dinner. Every night, he ate our food. Breakfast was cereals and milk and its free. He ate cereals at night as his dinner. On the third day, he ate all our cereals. When he gave us a review, he gave us 3/5 for check-in when he thinks check-in was at 3 am! (Its 3 pm duh!) and 3/5 for value of his money when he ate all our food... I should have said something in the beginning...Now, I am putting a refrigerator in the Airbnb room so they don’t have any reason to open our own refrigerator.

4 Replies 4
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

What's your question, @Josephine70? It's up to you to establish your rules and boundaries.  🙂

Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

I had a guest go through my cupboards in the evenings and help himself to my food.  I found it infuriating.  I provide accomodations, not a restaurant!

Ellen33
Level 9
Assenede, Belgium

Sorry for you... 

But if he did this 5 days in a row. You had time, how hard it might be, to do something about it. 

Its a learning curve.....next time you might do it differently

Diane440
Level 6
Staunton, IL

I'm new to airbnb and just getting started with bookings. However, I've thought through this issue from having hosted for visiting family and friends on holiday, one foreign exchange student and two friends who were between housing situations. I set the house rules carefully and never had a problem with food usage or kitchen privileges. For our airbnb space, we're not allowing access to the kitchen and are only serving a complimentary breakfast each day they stay. For their other meal needs, I've got two restaurants within easy walking distance of my house and they both offer carry out and delivery services. I also have a dorm fridge in the guest area for them to store snacks and such and there's a microwave in the breakfast room for their use as well.