Julian1140
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Hello fellow Airbnb hosts. I recently stumbled upon this community, had no idea it existed!

My cousin and I own a few places we recently put up on Airbnb. We noticed we were getting quite a few of the same questions from guests: how to use the washing machine, help finding the lockbox, and where the kitchen lights are. We typically share the same set of instructions with them over WhatsApp, copy and pasting it between guest to guest...but well, I like to make things streamlined.. so I created a little website I now share with them. It's a sort of "digital house guide". On there are videos on how to use the appliances, where the lockbox is, wifi password, etc. We've personally found it convenient, and when I think through my past travels, I could see this being particularly useful in international tourist areas I visited (e.g. Japan, and Italy) where having the manual in multiple languages could be made available easily online.

I was thinking about putting some more time into this to make it reusable for others, e.g. some simple templates, hosting it, etc. I thought I'd pitch it to the community if there is interest. If there is, I'd be happy to work w/ a few people to make this into something guests will find very useful for their stay. (I have lots of additional ideas too, e.g. can share local hotspots on there, house rules, have guests share notes for future guests, etc.)

1 Reply 1
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Julian1140,

Not too long ago there was a thread about a similar topic, hardcopy vs. digital house manuals.  My preference was to create a digital copy on a micro USB drive, and insert it on a TV port so people could view it on a large screen.  One host said that she has little placards with directions on how to use some appliances.  Others said that they prefer to thumb threw physical house manuals while leisurely drink a cup of coffee or have down time.  Ultimately, I decided to still do digital, and I have made laminated instruction signs and used Command removable strips to place them where needed.

I'd be very interested in getting more details about what you have to share.