Feedback - any suggestions to have a better listing?

Feedback - any suggestions to have a better listing?

Hi! I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I'd really appreciate some feedback on my listing. I've put a lot of work and hope to increase my income significantly thanks to it. I've checked many tutorials but I imagine there are experienced hosts on the forum that can help me make it better. 

Of course I'd be happy to reciprocate if anyone needed the same - just an opinion on how to make it even better!

https://abnb.me/YmHeuC9J6U

54 Replies 54
Lauramay0
Level 3
Biabou, VC

Gunther, your listing is very informative. I am new and at the moment I am really struggling to get mine completed.  I find it is so much information to go through to get to completion.

Thanks for your contribution. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

For me, @Günther19, while it's a spectacular listing, I thought there was too many photos (I especially didn't like No. 10, and you'll frighten off any non meat-eaters!) to the point where it seemed to mirror a lifestyle magazine a little too much.

Didn't much like the caps on some of the photos (certainly 19) as very shouty.

And being in Spanish, only, I assume that's market-driven?  

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Beautiful listing. I'd stay! I agree with @Gordon0 that a few of the photos seem redundant, also the order seems a little random.  Since I'm looking at a translated version, I can't comment much on the text.

The only thing that really jumps out at me is Airbnb highlights that you have no smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors. Especially for such a large and high-end listing, this seems like a shortcoming. I'd just install them.

Also, with five bedrooms and eleven beds can you really only sleep eleven?

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Günther19 🙂

I would make sure to make the listing available for english reading people as well.

You can add extra languages. Go to edit listing then press edit at the "Title and description".

Picture of it with the add  language :

Screenshot 2019-03-16 at 19.23.55.png

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Günther19 It's a spectacular place!  I agree with everyone's comments, especially @Gordon0's, about the redundant photos.  In addition, it's best if every photo can be in landscape mode.  My personal preference is to get to the bedrooms faster - if the beds don't look super inviting, I won't book.  Beds (except for children's beds) must have at least 4 pillows to look luxurious to me.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

>>My personal preference is to get to the bedrooms faster<<

Words you might imagine coming from the late Marilyn Monroe's lips... 

@Gordon0 LOL busted!  But at my age it's only because I want a nap as soon as I get somewhere...

Haha!! 🙂

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ann   @Sandra  @Gordon

Ann, that is something you must never admit to!

Too many people talk themselves out of life, they subscribe to the phylosophy they want to be one of the 93% of humans who 'tip-toe'  through life hoping to make it safely to death! :-))

Cheers......Rob

Oh, @Robin4, I was only joking.  Why, it's Wednesday night at 11 pm and I've only just gotten in!  I've never tip-toed anywhere, for good or ill.  🙂

Wow! Active community! Thanks for your constructive criticism!

Hi @Gordon0 ! Thanks for your comments! Already removed the lamb picture that could bother vegeterians and the caps of picture 19. Will definitely remove some of the redundant pics.

95% of my guests are spanish speaking, so I've never really thought about adding an english version thinking that the air bnb translated version would be enough. I guess that if I want to receive more bookings people should understand it to book it, so will work on translation. 

Hi @Lisa723 ! Thanks for taking the time to look at the listing and comment! Will review the order of the photos. Hadn't thought about the smoke/co2 detectors. In Chile it isn't very common, but if it jumps up in Air BNB I'll definitely look into it. Regarding maximum number of people, yes, the house could definitely receive more but I think it will suffer too much wear and tear. 11 is a large enough group and it's my family's beach home, so I don't want to modify bedrooms to add more beds. 

Hi @Sandra856 ! Very useful tip! Will definitely add an english version. 

Hi @Ann72 ! Good idea about moving the bedrooms up! Chileans eat alot of "asado" (grilled meat) and the  star of the house is the barbeque area, that's why most people book the house, so I try to entice guests with pictures of the exterior first. But it's not a bad idea to remove some of the redundant pictures and move the bedrooms up abit. I will keep in mind your comment about the number of pillows to make the beds look more attractive for the next photo shoot!

Hi, @Günther19 I wasn't suggesting adding more beds. From the photos some of the beds are doubles. So it seems like with the existing eleven beds you could sleep more than eleven people. Or do you not actually have eleven beds?

Regarding @Ann72's point about pillows, if you aren't providing two pillows per person, you should. A lot of people are really uncomfortable with only one.

Hi @Lisa723 There are beds so that 11 people sleep comfortably, counting two people on the three double beds. Maybe that is not clear and I should modify it? 

I do provide two pillows per person, but I think that I didn't have them on the beds for the photo shoot. 

@Günther19 yes, then you need to correct your listing; it currently says you have 11 beds:

Capture.JPG