Feedback - any suggestions to have a better listing?

Feedback - any suggestions to have a better listing?

Hi! I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I'd really appreciate some feedback on my listing. I've put a lot of work and hope to increase my income significantly thanks to it. I've checked many tutorials but I imagine there are experienced hosts on the forum that can help me make it better. 

Of course I'd be happy to reciprocate if anyone needed the same - just an opinion on how to make it even better!

https://abnb.me/YmHeuC9J6U

54 Replies 54

@Lisa723 trying to fix it, thanks for the tip, I hadn’t noticed the mistake.

Hi Günther!

Your place looks flawless!

While I disagree with the person who stated there are too many photos, I agree that not using all capital letters and adding commas would be make your headline more appealing. Wishing you the very best of luck with your adventure. 🙂

Anna-Leigh

@Anna-Leigh0 thanks Anna! Done! Removed the caps and put the commas. I was trying to save characters so I could put soccer field, but I'll just put soccer in the title. 

Regarding the photos I removed a couple of the "redundant" ones as a couple of the comments suggested. 30 pics is plenty and I think it gives a very complete view of the house.

Marie1375
Level 2
Crescent City, CA

You need to put commas {,} between View, Grill, Soccer, etc.  It makes it easier to read.

@Marie1375 Done Marie! I was trying to save space since the chomas count as characters. I'll just put soccer instead of soccer field. 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Günther19 

I don't like Your title-picture. It's mellow and doesn't catch the eye.

I would take the picture of Your house as the first picture. I've taken the freedom to modify this picture in a photo-editor.

This is Your original picture as shown on airbnb:

2019-03-18 Listingphoto Günther Chile alt.jpg

This is the same picture after modification

2019-03-18 Listingphoto Günther Chile neu.jpg

Here You can see the 2 pictures side by side. It's important that the first picture stands out in the airbnb listing view.

2019-03-18 Listingphoto Günther Chile 2 Bilder.jpg

Hi @Ute42 ! Wow, you’re right! With some light editing it really stands out. I will definitely replace the current ond with it! I love that picture and had it before as the title picture. I didn’t get as many bookings - I think this is a vacation rental at a beach town and people want to see the sea. But I’ll probably swap it and see how it goes with the edited version.

thanks for taking the time! loving how much useful insight I’ve had on this post!

Hi! Just wanted to thank everyone who posted here and helped me with the listing for their time. I've tried to make all the changes suggested.  @Ute42 @Robin4 @Anna-Leigh0 @Marie1375 @Lisa723 for some reason I can't tag the others!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions you've provided to @Günther19 . A special shout out to @Ute42 and her fantastic photo editing skills! Looking at your listing, I think you need that front image in a higher resolution as it has become somewhat pixelated. 

And I think we ALL want to know ... how is the updated listing performing? Are your bookings through the roof?

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Reedited the photo in higher resolution! Hadnt seen the pixeling. Thanks @Stephanie !

Bookings aint through the roof yet, but it’s only been a couple of days. Let’s give the new listing  some time to make it’s magic 😉

Amos18
Level 7
Nairobi, Kenya

Am also new to this forum but i think you have a very great listing Mr Gunther. English is the most communicated language in this platform translate in it and am very sure you will have increased bookings

Cheryl401
Level 2
York, ME

Hi,  It is so nice to communicate with others about my listing.  I am new to short term rentals and I was wondering if anyone would view my listing and advise if I have given enough information.  My 1st reservation is this week!  I will be on pins and needles hoping all goes well.  

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Best of luck @Cheryl401 , let us know how you get on!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Good Luck Cheryl!  I started about 6 weeks ago and have had the NICEST people!  It has been a great experience, hope you feel the same way.

Kathy

Martin1009
Level 2
Indian Rocks Beach, FL

Loved the listing, made me want to come!  Couldn't read everything because it wasn't in English but that makes me think most of your quests are Spanish speaking.  Good Luck, I bet you are doing great.

Kathy