Feedback on home style/design for homeowner

Chase30
Level 2
Lake Worth, FL

Feedback on home style/design for homeowner

Hi All!  I'm a property manager helping a new homeowner with his listing.  The style, furnishings, and overall interior design is different than any other listing I've managed... it's mostly thrift shop specials and the homeowner is convinced that it looks great.  I'm just hoping to get some honest feedback from the community to help improve its performance.  Would you stay here based on the photos?  We're in Lake Worth, Florida, an artsy laid-back beach town south of West Palm Beach.  Thanks for any help!  Here's the link-  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/25860263?s=51

9 Replies 9
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

The pictures depict a clean, welcoming environment with many positive aspects to it.  I do not know the pricing in your area, but if the cost is set at the median price, the decor will not be an issue.  I wouldn't find the decor great but as long as it is clean, I wouldn't be put off.

If the owner is looking for a more upscale guest, the decor might be an issue.  If the owner is welcoming families and pets, these guests can be hard on the furnishings, so you might want to be careful about expensive items.  Hope this helps.

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

As a guest, this listing is why I come to Airbnb. It's unique, straight-forward and just right.

We all don't want IKEA. 

The homeowner is new to Airbnb. Let him discover what works and does not work

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

I think it's adorable. My only concern would be that the outdoor sofa is clean and dry and that the mattresses and bedding are not thrift store specials-- comfortable clean beds are a must.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Chase30 I am with you... The pictures do show a kind of thrown together look. No curtains in the bedroom....sofa outside.... Pepto bismol room...red spots galore... I wouldn't stay there personally...the description is really nicely done. Interesting thread n question. 

Well, I found the bathroom quite good one, even I would say - it is charming.

The dining room is interesting and with air and sun, has its own personality.

The only two things which are intriguing me - the kitchen and the bedrooms.

The kitchen is great, but it is not included in the listing. Why then are there pictures of it?

The bedrooms are a bit dull, only they need - in my opinion - a change, more design, to become more welcoming, now they look a bit boring. The price is high if the kitchen is not included.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

I also really liked the bathroom.

You can find really great stuff at flea markets, craigslist, yard sales, etc. so it's not so much cost, but whether the look feels cohesive, and your friend needs to do a bit more work there.  I would suggest a different color, maybe a darker taupe on the living room walls to work better with that teal colored sofa and pull together the colors.

I liked the dining room, I would suggest adding a rug in reds, teals, and browns that will work with the living space and make it look finished, especially if you change the paint color.

Bedrooms are okay, put some art on the walls, black and white photos would be a nice off set for the pink room.  Throw pillows also help make a space look finished and more upscale.

I would add a little more flowers or something to the outside, but that's just a personal preference, I understand that stuff needs more maintenance.

I did not like the dot thing going on in the kitchen, but I'm sure a lot of people will find it charming/funky.

Chase30
Level 2
Lake Worth, FL

Thanks everyone for the feedback!  It seems like everyone is on the same page that with a bit of tweaking here and there we'll be in great shape.  We're definitely in a funky little town, hence a lot of the styling, however I do want to make sure everything is done cleanly and in a purposeful manner.  And the outdoor sofa is definitely hitting the curb this week!!! 

My impressions were that the bedding does not look like I’d want to rest in it— perhaps Investing in some new, crisp clean looking/modern bedding, including a dust ruffle so you can’t see the bed frame. Also, the outdoor patio is an amazing spot guests would,hang out I’m sure if there was a table to eat at,  some outdoor chairs— that Area would be the selling point of the home for me, but it looks neglected and sad in the photo. 

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Looks clean and simple to me. It does look dated BUT in the airbnb business it's cost prohibitive to upgrade a whole bunch of stuff. Stick with the basics. Clean, comfortable mattress and bedding, clean bathroom. That's good enough.