Fellow host made a false booking inquiry in order to solicit referrals for excursion business...

Kelly9
Level 10
Bellingham, WA

Fellow host made a false booking inquiry in order to solicit referrals for excursion business...

I received a "don't accept this reservation" inquiry from a fellow airbnb host who also runs a tours and excursions business. He was hoping I would refer guests to his business for a commission.  I found it annoying and declined the inquiry, but does it violate any rules?  Should I report this?

4 Replies 4
Michelle0
Level 6
New York, NY

Think of this guy as a poor small company trying to make a living. The request wasn't tactful or effective, but doesn't strike me as someone who should be reported. He'll be shut down soon enough by Airbnbs bots.
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Kelly9 and @Michelle0

I have been contacted a couple times already from people offering services...
If they haven't been rude or disrespectful just ignore them… I’ve been offered for cleaning services and management services more than once…
Don’t forget to accept or decline the inquiry as it will counts toward your response time…

Luis

Joseph0
Level 5
San Francisco, CA

You can flag the persons profile so it will discourage them from doing this again . Its not appropriate to spam anyone for any reason on Airbnb . You might even want to call CX and let them know about this . The platform was never meant to be used as a small business advertisement base for anyone . Because of the new CC format , there is no longer the opportunity to make network connections locally by asking for information or a share of it in a local area . When we had local neighborhood meet ups quarterly , there was always the time for local Hosts that were also small business owners to speak about related services for other hosts if they were interested . 

I had someone with a false profile soliciting for cleaning service I found it annoying and i wanted to ignore him but in doing so it would reflex badly on my responds time.
So I asked what he charges turns out he charges an arm and a leg . Air Bnb is not a platform for cleaning service.