[Festival] I want my bed! Hosting business guests in one room

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Festival] I want my bed! Hosting business guests in one room

Jessi.jpg

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 08.41.58.png

This is part of the CC Festival of hospitality, original topic created in the Spanish speaking Community Center, by @Jessi7 and translated below.

----------------------------------------------

I know the feeling of being away from home very well; away from your personal space, from your loved ones, and of reaching a strange place in an unfamiliar environment. Easy, it is not.

I also know that moment when you just want your bed, after a difficult, stressful, complicated and tiring work day, that fatigue that is very different from what you can experience enjoyed on a vacation.

When I planned to offer a room in my house, I always had in mind to offer a place that was considered as their second home, no matter if it was one night or thirty, I thought about what I would do to achieve it, and it wasn't complicated, because I put myself in the place of that person who is looking for an accommodation, in which he wants to get to rest before anything else, so it became my task to offer the elements that satisfy that need.

It was clear to me that I wanted my guests to find my place:

1. Private

2. Warm

3. Cozy

4. Clean

5. Visually pleasing

Received in a manner:

1. Friendly

2. Family

3. Nice

And above all create a bond of trust from the first contact, which is a pleasant interaction for both parties (host and guest), because you might think that letting someone into your house is simple, but no, you're letting them into your world, into your privacy, and for that trust is basic.

To achieve this I supported myself in my personal experience with Feng Shui, trying to incorporate those elements that would help me create the environment that I wanted to offer my guests; an atmosphere of well-being and harmony.

After two and a half years sharing my home,  every time a reservation is completed, I think I am achieving my goal; my guests are happy, and most return.  None of my guests are tourists, all come to stay for work reasons, they leave with a smile. But I also have it, I love to think that they slept well, that they rested and that every morning they were ready for one more working day–that at least started full of energy!

As a hostess I always say to my guests "welcome" but my challenge with each one of them, is to make them really feel it, it's the small details that make them know that I thought of them, not as a guest more, but with details that make them feel special. For example, one of them told me before his arrival that he was coming to a baby convention, he was about to have his first baby and so I left in the room a few books of baby pictures from around the world, I remember another one that his passion is soccer and especially he is a fan of a Mexican team, so I left him the history book of this team.

I take the welcoming word very seriously. Not only does it remain said or written, I turn it into special actions for them and it pleases me. If my guests are happy, I am too.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

7 Replies 7
Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Jessi7  

Many thanks for this topic 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Jessi7
Level 10
State of Mexico, Mexico

Hello @Miloud0 , thanks for taking your time to read it, hope you find it helpful !

Abrazos,

Saludos desde México, mantengamos a salvo.
Jessi
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

thank you @Lizzie  for sharing @Jessi7  Festival of Hospitality contribution.

The thoughtful little touches for each individual guest that @Jessi7  does mean a lot when away from home.

All the best

Jessi7
Level 10
State of Mexico, Mexico

Hi @Helen427 , yes indeed, small details usually make the difference. Thanks for reading my post and for taking the time. 

Jessi
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Jessi7  Thanks for your very accurate and lovely post - you certainly have it right and that keeps the success high and the business people happy. We rent a cottage - so its not inside our home but out in the cottage in the side, private area. We have been so fortunate to have a business woman staying each week for 3 nights since March - beginning of the week and then she travels back home - and she has had to stay in a few other airbnbs cause she didn't book our place in time and she explained she  was very unsettled about those other stays after and totally wants to stay here - she says its "really like home". You have it right - that personal touch and doing the extra, good for you Jessi. many blessings, Clara

Jessi7
Level 10
State of Mexico, Mexico

@Clara116  how are you? Hope you are doing well.

Definitly having your guests coming back to your place its a very satisfying feeling, talks well about your cottage. "Really like home" is a quote I love getting from my guests, so I feel you.

Thanks for your comment, have a great day! 

Jessi
Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Jessi7

Thank you too. Yes, your topic is so good and has helpful informations. 

Thanks, 

Miloud