Finding new cancellation rules: is Airbnb joking with hosts? in this period??

Mattia178
Level 2
Asti, Italy

Finding new cancellation rules: is Airbnb joking with hosts? in this period??

Hi guys!

I have been managing a few apartments and have been working with Airbnb for years, but I lived this beautiful situation, especially in the difficult period we are living in (and we overlook the assistance that Airbnb has made to hosts in this period).
It happened that a guest decided after checking in to leave a day early: he tells me that there are no problems with the apartment but there are personal reasons. Okay I think, there were no shortcomings so he will pay for the full reservation ... and here I find that Airbnb gives guests the possibility to cancel their reservation after check in and entitles them to a refund decided unilaterally by Airbnb.
Has something similar happened to you? Do you find this normal ???

16 Replies 16
Mattia178
Level 2
Asti, Italy

Thanks Ian & Anne Marie, I was starting to think that this was the Airbnb lawyer community, but I see that there are people with the same difficulties as me in dealing with an increasingly coercive and overbearing system.
And thanks to you too Mike & Jane, I really needed your life lesson. Walk with your head down and take the crumbs of the biggest: ah how I feel better now.

@Mattia178 Understand that many here been doing this and dealing with Airbnb for quite a while.  Oftentimes dealing with them or any other modern tech company (Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,etc)  which tend to be run also by 'still-confused kids' with a lot of new-found economic power, it requires one to be a 'wolf in sheep's clothing'. The way we express ourselves here is one thing, if anything to stay positive which is a pleasant state of being, but how we actually go about our separate business of self-preservation is another.