Fire Extinguisher Placement Tips

Fire Extinguisher Placement Tips

Hello,

I recently purchsed a portable fire entinguiser for my house and thought I should share some useful tips about placing it in the right location in your house.

Having a fire extinguisher is one thing, having it handy in case of an emergency, is another.

It is recommended to have at least one fire extinguisher on each floor of your home. Also, keep them in plain sight and no more than five feet above the floor. Do not put them in closets because that will cost you valuable time when you are reaching for it. And even though a fire extinguisher may not match your décor, do not put it behind curtains or drapes.

The most important places to have a fire extinguisher are in areas that are more susceptible to fire. These areas are the kitchen and the garage.

Kitchen: According to U.S. Fire Administration statistics, the kitchen is the place where fires most often start. If you have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, most grease fires can be contained. Do not put the fire extinguisher near the stove as it will be out of your reach if the fire is on the stovetop. You should not have to risk burns just to reach your extinguisher. Therefore, the best place to put the fire extinguisher is by the door of the kitchen so you have easy access to it.

I hope this helps you to make your homes safer 🙂

1 Reply 1
Sally867
Level 1
Lancaster, NY

Thank you, this was helpful!