First booking next month as a host

Answered!

First booking next month as a host

Hi guys, my first booking is coming up next month and I am really confused.

My room fee via smart pricing is set to £97 a night. I have 2 double bedrooms and one larger bedroom which sleeps 3 people. A guest has booked for 7 nights next month and paid £97 x 7.

The confusing part for me is that it says the booking is for 5 guests. Does that mean they will be occupying every room? If the guest has paid 97, surely that is for one room and not all 3 of my rooms? If it is just for 1 room, how do they expect to sleep 5 guests in one room?

Also, am I required to clean during their stay? Or only once they are gone? 

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Almas15 

You need to setup a listing for each room (offering rooms, not the entire house) or a combination of rooms (and then link the calenders) or you need to price the listing per person (additional guest fee). I suggest to educate yourself more about the platform before publishing a listing, by consulting the HELP files. For now you have a reservation for 5 guests, who can access all rooms, as you offer the  entire house in the listing.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Almas15 

You need to setup a listing for each room (offering rooms, not the entire house) or a combination of rooms (and then link the calenders) or you need to price the listing per person (additional guest fee). I suggest to educate yourself more about the platform before publishing a listing, by consulting the HELP files. For now you have a reservation for 5 guests, who can access all rooms, as you offer the  entire house in the listing.

Thanks! That makes sense.

I will not be cancelling the booking. I followed your advice and created 3 additional bookings for each room. I linked their calendars to the main property (also making the entire property available but at a higher rate) and setting individual rates on each room. Does that sound correct? 

@Almas15 I can't see your calendar settings, but you have 4 listings: three individual rooms plus 1 overall listing for all rooms. Everything looks good!

Thank you @Alexandra316.

That's reassuring and helpful. Many thanks 

Hello Almas,

I am not sure but maybe it is your smart pricing? Or you don't have an extra person fee?

We charge 150.00 per night for the first person and them 50.00 for each extra person. So if we have 5 people for 1 night it will cost 350.00.

Do you also have a cleaning fee set? Your place sounds pretty big so I would make sure you get an amount that will cover the cleaning and the laundry especially if you have a full kitchen that they use. Our place is average size and we charge 100.00 for cleaning. If it does not specify in your listing that you clean during their stay you only have to clean when they check out.

As far as rooms, we ask what they will need and lock up the room or rooms they do not need.

We used to leave the rooms open and people use everything even if they do not need it. Do not allow people to treat your home as a hotel because it is not.

We hope this helps 🙂

Thank you @Terri-Or-Dean0

This is really helpful.

I have cleaning fee set automatically by Airbnb but I think I listed my entire property and the base rate was set too low. I won't cancel them as it was my fault.

Have you listed your rooms individually and linked their calendars? Or do you only have one listing for your entire place and give them rooms according to number of guests?