Flexible Search

Flexible Search

Hey all.  This new "flexible search" feature is pretty cool, but when I switch to "traveling" and search for "cabin" my place isn't showing up.  I double checked my listing and it is indeed listed as a "cabin".  I thought perhaps the house wasn't "cabin-y" enough for Airbnb, but sure enough other more traditional residences in town are popping up, so it's not that.  I tried finding it via map view as well as scrolling through all the listings to no avail.  (Though my neighbor's showed up.)  Any thoughts/ideas on getting placement on Flexible Search?  

3 Replies 3
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

I noticed this was happening for my listings, too - even when I do a normal search without dates. I called Airbnb, and they told me they display listings that don’t have a lot of bookings to “give them a chance” when showing search results without dates, even on the map. So if you are pretty well booked, you won’t show up at all, even if you have upcoming openings. Results are displayed normally only when specifying dates.

This seems so backwards to me, sometimes I wonder if it is just an excuse, when in fact the real reason is that it is a bug that they are ignoring.

@Pat271 Either that, or more likely just another ‘this one sounds like it makes sense’ answer, since the customer circus ambassadors don’t have the real answers.

Thanks for that feedback.  Doesn't make much sense to limit guests' choices to those properties that are not performing as well and to penalize hosts for providing a desirable property.  I'm going to go with you guys on this and guess that it's a glitch that needs attention.  @Liv Any insight for us?  Can you tell us if this is intentional or a glitch?