Florence Tourist Tax

Romano6
Level 3
Florence, Italy

Florence Tourist Tax

Hi, I'm new to hosting. My apartments are in Florence, Italy. I have been collecting the mandartory 2,50 euro city tax. My question is, where do I turn it in and how frequently must it be turned in? I can't find any information online about this. Thanks in advance for any information.

4 Replies 4
Tim65
Level 1
Saint-Seurin-de-Palenne, France

Hi, I would suggest that you speak with your local Tourist Office. In France there are 3 specific periods , the 1st period runs from 1st January to 30th June. I collect the tax, record each guests visit on a spreadsheet, that the Tourist Office has produced & then take a cheque plus a print of the spreadsheet to the Tourist Office at the end of each period. Hope this helps.

Romano6
Level 3
Florence, Italy

Booking.com states that the Florence tourist tax in 2020 will be increased from 3 euro to 4 euro, (per person/night up to 7 nights.) I don't see this reflected on the AirBnB.

Please advise if you will be updating this as you, AirBnB, are collecting it from the guest as part of their reservation cost.

Christine3303
Level 2
New York, NY

I'm wondering if i want to start listing my apartment on airbnb in Florence, Italy, do I need to register with the municipality first? Should I have a permit or license before hosting on airbnb?