Fraudulent Booking. Fraudulent Review. AirBnB support not responding.

Tim765
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

A female  booked for ONE person, listing for a room IN my home.

I had a 4.9% % star reviews (37 positive reviews on) before hers.

At 5pm the day of the day of the booking the female informs me that a man with a different last name will be showing up to stay on my house.

The man had a different last name.

I am not going to let a stranger , not registered or verified by Airbnb stay in my home with my family. This is a safety issue and an insurance issue. This is why we use Airbnb and not craigslist.

I called Airbnb Support. I reluctantly refunded them 1/2 thier trip (even though I didn't have to).

I had concerns about her being able to leave a review. On the phone , the CSR said, "dont worry , if they do they can remove it". This is the reason I gave a refund (extortion).

The next morning I received a $ request from the woman for more $ than the total trip!

I denied it.

Then she starts threatening me the the airbnb messaging system.

She now changes her story and says that the booking was for her and her husband, even though it is well documented that she booked for one person.

Now she has left me 1 star and a terrible fraudulent review.

I contacted support again and they are giving me the run around and said they can not remove the refund.

How can they allow reviews for fraudulent trips?

Her review:

Her Review:

"Firstly, I would like to say Airbnb have been excellent in handling this booking. As for the (Website hidden by Airbnb) thank you! This was a business booking. Tim hassles me with questions during the work day, emails me to meet him on some corner to let me in, stops returning my calls texts and emails after I am off work and now can’t check in. I’m exhausted, it’s been a long work day and now I have some helicopter host who thinks I’m applying to the CIA to stay in his little dump. No thank you. Save yourself the inconvenience and book some place that understands business travel!

There was no hassle, just attempt to communicate, just an attempt to communicate (documented in airbnb chat logs)

I did not ask her to meet on any corner, I explained we are on a corner lot & where the entrance is (documented in airbnb chat logs)

There were calls, but from another person telling me HE (NOT HERE THE VERIFIED GUEST) was checking in ( a male , different last name , no ID verified etc).

To call my home a dump, is false , she was never here.

Booking this for a male that is unverified put's my family in danger.

Everything about this review is false and can be proven by reading the chat logs and my previous reviews.

I am getting nowhere with customer support, just this reply the last 2 days in a row. No one has called:

Airbnb Support

8:44 AM

Hi XXX,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue. I've forwarded your inquiry to a member of my team who can better assist you. They'll be getting in touch with you soon.

In the meantime, please feel free to respond to this message with any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

PLEASE HELP!

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tim765 

I saw your comment on her review and also you review on her profile. I understand you are upset, but this is not a good way of exposing things. I hope Airbnb will remove all reviews and comments, as they initially said.

Best regards,

Emiel

I was not going to respond at all, hoping her fraudulent review would be removed as prommised. I have spent hours going back and forth with them. I admit , I am very upset about this, but this is outright fraud. We offer our listing in our home and treat our guests as family, as you can see from our reviews, so I guess I took this a little to personal.