Free photography

David-and-Gael0
Level 2
South Australia, Australia

Free photography

We have been told that we are entitled to a bonus free photography shoot because we have been super hosts four times in a row.  Has anyone been through this exercise and is the photographer service really "free"?  I remember reading somewhere that this is usually paid for after 3 or 4 bookings which made me feel like there may be a hidden payment somewhere. Thanks 

18 Replies 18
Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @David-and-Gael0,

When I look at the option of exchanging the $100 voucher for a free photography session.

It tells me, I have to get a quote first! (As photographing 1 property may be more expensive than another).

In other words, the $100 voucher may not suffice – to get the job done 😞

And also what others said, is true – as well.

We paid for our photos ourselves and we enjoy them.

Although Airbnb keeps telling me constantly, I need professional photography.

I can only conclude, they automatically draw this conclusion from the review option: Much better than expected (form our previous reviews; We don't get to see the results to this review-question).

David-and-Gael0
Level 2
South Australia, Australia

Hi Cor

We were a little confused as to whether we would have to pay something for the professional photography but after communicating with the phtographer that responded to our application we discovered that the photography would be free to us.  We went ahead with the professional photographs and are very pleased with the result.  The only possible issue is that the photos cannot be used on any other site; they remain the property of Airbnb as they paid for them.  This did not worry us.

Cheers

David & Gael

I am a photographer and I will be offering my services to all air b n b users in the UK. please see my site, I have also done work for/on other apps too.

**[Personal advertisement removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Mark1098
Level 2
Warlingham, United Kingdom

Hi There

I am in the middle of an amazingly frustrating experience.    I ve been hosting for a couple of years now with Airbnb and have never opted for their photography, happy to use my own.  Recently I was offered either some vouchers, or free photography, for being a superhost for 4 quarters on the run.... great.

I thought about it carefully, and decided to take the free photography (as i don't really stay with airbnb much), and followed the online process.  Unfortunately it was only available for 1 of my properties (not my preferred) due to location, but figured it was free so went ahead anyway.

A month later I get charged for photography, so query the charge.

Airbnb deny that the offer was ever made!!!    The email that informed me of the offer did not state the offer, only a link, which took me to a landing page with the choice.  That landing page now shows no choice, and says photography is not available for EITHER of my locations!!!   

TBH the photography is quite good, and it was only £93, but its been driving me crazy speaking with customer service who simply deny that this ever happened!!!!  All they keep saying is that photography is not available in my area!!!!   BUT the photographer came........ Airbnb have charged me!!!  Its like I am speaking a foreign language, with the replies I am getting back.

anyone else experienced this?