UK Host - French regulations for my second home

Answered!

UK Host - French regulations for my second home

can anyone help out with the French regulations, ,my french isnt all that good ,I would like to list my second home but dont understand the formalaties .

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Lovely to meet you. It is great to see you here in the Community Center. 

I see quite a few of you have questions around French regulations. I wanted to let you know that we also have a dedicated French speaking Community Center, which you might like to explore and perhaps also try posting your question there, as you might have more chance of getting a response to your question. 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

68 Replies 68
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Lovely to meet you. It is great to see you here in the Community Center. 

I see quite a few of you have questions around French regulations. I wanted to let you know that we also have a dedicated French speaking Community Center, which you might like to explore and perhaps also try posting your question there, as you might have more chance of getting a response to your question. 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Not all questions are answered . Airbnb website doesn't cover everything , hence the need to ask questions to strangers. 

Jacqui25
Level 2
Ruca, France

Hi Anonymous,

I live in Cotes d'Armor 22 Brittany.

I have a lisiting up for 2 private rooms in my home (primary residence) with the potential of sleeping a maximum of 4 people.

I will be sharing the bathroom and allowing limited use of my kitchen.

I wasn't looking to rent my rooms for more than 120 days a year. Am I obliged to register as an auto entrepreneur, I appreciate that would contribute towards cotisations for pension/health? This wouldn't be my sole income as I do have occasional small work contracts.

Also with the new regulations that come into force next year regarding tax being taken from source, I'm not sure how that works in the case of an Airbnb host.

Do I also need to register with my local mairie?

Thank you in advance and regards,

Jacqui Ward

Anne-Elizabeth0
Level 2
Ardres, France

Hi, I am a host in 62, close to Calais. I have a wooden cabin which is an en-suite bedroom in my garden. This is booked most of the year with people travelling to and from U.K. taking me way over the 120 nights that I have been told I should limit my bookings to. Has the rule of 120 become law, does it cover department 62? If so it means my income has dried up. We pay our taxes on the annual impot, declaring all Airbnb income. Also we are registered as a chambre d’hôtes with our local Mairie. This really worries me! Please help! Nini

Nick567
Level 1
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hi, how many months a year can I rent my house out for? It's located in Pyrenees oriental (66). Any comments welcome. Thanks, Nick

Roland68
Level 2
Meylan, France

Cela ne concerne pas les voyageurs. C'est transparent pour euc. Cela concerne la relation entre les hôtes et Airbnb. Airbnb est sensé bloquer dans ceratines villes les locations fr résidences principales au-delà de 120 nuitées.

Olivia56
Level 2
Paris, France

Hi, 

Looking for a bit of advise, for the year of jan 2018 - dec 2018 my profit ws 24,719, as this is above the threshold of 23,000€, do we pay tax on the total for the 24,719€ or only from the 23,000€ and onwards? 

also when submitting this on our tax declaration do we need to provide paperwork etc, or is t a simple fill out the avis d'impots, 

any advise is much appreciated, 

thanks in advance, 

Olivia 

Nil12
Level 1
Paris, France

Hi everyone,

I need someone to assist me on tax regulations in Paris. I list my second home here in Paris and I need someone who is fluent in french. 

Chantal41
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

How about the regulations in Cannes or Nice?