Fruit basket

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Fruit basket

Imagine you go to the market stand of a fruit seller and ask for apples. Then the seller gives you a large fruitbasket, saying the apples will also be inside it  But you only want apples ! But it is not possible.

This is what the Airbnb INBOX is. You want only a conversation with a specific guest, you click on "sent message" from the reservation or another screen, but then the whole Inbox circus is thrown into your face. Not only it takes a lot of time and bandwith loading it, but it also distracts you from your task.

As I only use the website, i developed a sophosticated tool for it: a piece of carton, having the width of the left Inbox screen. Fold it near the top so it attaches to the screen. It will cover the left Inbox screen (the fruitbasket) , so you can concentrate on the apples.

PS i am also working on a device to fight AI robots, it is based on a fly swatter, but it still in testing phase....

3 Replies 3
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Emiel1 

Hi Emiel, strangely enough I am finding the current inbox set-up quite user friendly. 

If I want to contact a specific guest and I don't want to juggle back and forth between the inbox and current, or old, calendar pages all I do is type the guests name in the 'Search Inbox' field and regardless of the message age,  I am taken straight to the message stream with that guest......

Inbox filters.png

If I want to refine my search still further like 'cancelled stays' or 'pre-approvals' I just hit the 'Filters' option and only messages that fall in those categories will be displayed. 

The only thing I miss these days is the small current calendar screen we used to get on the bottom left of the inbox with the 'jump to' option.

Message page.png

It was so handy to be able to reference a booking with those around it without having to change screens and leave the message stream. You also got to see the guests profile image right from the enquiry.

But that was back in the days when Airbnb really did try to assist us in getting guests that would be a good fit instead of accepting anonymous packages.....and the problems that might come with them! 

I presume we all work with the same website formula but Emiel I am reasonably satisfied with the inbox at the moment, Just wish I could go straight to it as a drop-down option when logging on instead of having to get to it via 'Manage Listings'!

Cheers.........Rob

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

“PS i am also working on a device to fight AI robots, it is based on a fly swatter, but it still in testing phase....”

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@William810 

To find something that actually works for hosts these days is something of a challenge but, I do have to concede William, the programming team have got it right on this occasion!

Cheers........Rob