Frustrated with customer service. ๐Ÿ˜‘

Martin3685
Level 2
Langley, Canada

Frustrated with customer service. ๐Ÿ˜‘

Hello

I am super host for many years in Vancouver area.

Last week my new guest young male from Toronto arrived.

He disrespect my house rules bringing friends to the house and been loud in the middle of the night. 

I am calling Airbnb customer service everyday for help and wish to talk to supervisor or safety team.

I am promise that someone will be calling me in 24 hours for sure.

6 days passed already.

NO HELP.

I feel unsafe I feel unsafe in my own house. 

I feel betrayed. 

38 Replies 38
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Martin3685 ,

Beside phone call, did you try " live chat " with a CS? ( not an Airbnb bot)

Usually, you will have an answer from them within minutes.

In addition, contact Airbnb via social media Twitter, Facebook for attention with fast respond.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

Best,

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Martin3685  If you feel unsafe, you shouldn't wait for Airbnb to get back to you. Deal with this guest the way you need to, which sounds like telling him to either abide by your house rules or leave.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Martin3685 and thank you for coming here to report the issue. I have sent your details over to the Customer Support team and will update you via DM as soon as I hear back from them. Thanks! 

Hello  Nick

Thank you for your text

just to let you know that after 11 days now and talk to few customer reps

I am in square one.

After long conversations and pictures proof of guest behavior   to Airbnb team

guest calm down for 3 days

now he start bringing friends again

looks to me that he knows the system and knows how to play it for his benefit.

@Martin3685 I think the guest knows how to play you, not the system. If they are defying your house rules, you need to address it directly with them, not just through CS. Be firm and authoritative. If it doesnโ€™t cease, despite your best efforts, then the guest needs to go. Tell them itโ€™s clear they are not a good fit with your place, being that they are unwilling to abide by your house rules, and they will need to go elsewhere. Just cancel the booking. If youโ€™ve got clearly written rules that they are in violation of, there wonโ€™t be any penalty to you. 

Good morning Colleen 

Thank you for your text. 

Yes my house rules are clearly posted as a condition to make reservation and printed on the wall inside the suite.

Yes I explained to him directly in person that this rules are not negotiable on the first day at arrival 2 days later and again yesterday. 

He responded to me saying:

I am sorry I didn't know...

I am sorry I will not do it again...

Best one is :

Last time you said that I can....

I am very stressed about it never had person like this.

He is relaxed and smiling like he is enjoying all of this. 

Now I want him out asap.

Just I do not know how to do it properly.

I am waiting since yesterday for CS to return my texts 

and help me out with cancellation.

FBB4CBB0-8B94-428E-9172-C90A89055092.jpegYou shouldnโ€™t be subject to cancellation penalties.

@Martin3685 Iโ€™m really sorry you are suffering and stressed. Not acceptable. If you pull up the details of the booking in question, there will be a cancel option. 

You can tell the guest you are cancelling his booking as he refuses to abide by your house rules, and heโ€™s had more than enough chances to correct the problem. Tell him to pack up. 

Thank you Colleen

Guest is out today after 2 stressful weeks.

@Martin3685 Yay! Thanks for updating, I was wondering how you were getting on. So glad to hear that. 

Colleen 

It only happened thanks to your advice. 

Thank you

CS is a great institution but not to help host cancel ongoing reservations.

@Martin3685You're very welcome ๐Ÿ˜€ I disagree that CS is a great institution. It's pretty useless most days.The next time you have an issue, hop on here first for some input. There are a boatload of experienced hosts who can help problem solve. 

Hahaha 

I just don't want to be negative.

But I had terrible experience with CS.

I think this people working there just trying to keep their job.

It's the Airbnb system that is corrupted.

That focus only on maximum profits. 

Many CS hang up on me.

Some said that they called guest and canceled reservations. But they did nothing. 

The funnest think was when they send me Surveys to evaluate how was my experience with CS Airbnb. 

They asked me:

...how Elizabeth did with helping me ?...

Haha I talk to many people in CS but never to Elizabeth  !

They choose some poor employee to dump on her my disappointment. 

Ofcourse I could not say anything negative on this poor Elizabeth that never talk to me.