Full refund till 30 days before, not nice for hosts!

Stephan2
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Full refund till 30 days before, not nice for hosts!

I discovered that in some countries this option is available. I think it really a bad change for hosts. This means that guests can cancel freely till 30 days before without costs..... Hopefully this won't be the standard! 

2dkcq53.jpg

3 Replies 3
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Stephan2....Wow, that is really interesting! Just goes to prove what we have thought for some time now....Hosts don't really count any more....It's all about not upsetting the guest!!!

As I have said before, I would love to think I was worth the effort that I put into being an Airbnb host....but sadly I am not!!

Cheers....Rob

I agree about hosts being the bottom of the totom pole. 

Gs0
Level 6
New York, NY

This sounds to me to be area-specific, as this is not the case in my area of the United States. I offer a "Flexible" cancellation policy of three (3) days before the start of a reservation. This is the standard for my area. If the guest cancels after this, there has to be proof of "extenuating circumstances" provided by the guest for that gues to receive a full and/or partial refund. Even then, the host has the option of refusing the guests offer of a cancellation.

I had a guest cancel the day of. Needless to say, the entire reservation was honored