Fuming..AirBnB are allowing gusts to book on blocked days!!

David1025
Level 2
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom

Fuming..AirBnB are allowing gusts to book on blocked days!!

My first two guests. One booked right over a blocked week. Another today has her last day booked on a blocked day. Is not the whole purpose of blocking days to stop guests booking on days that vare not available??

How can I make this work?

11 Replies 11
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

That should not happen.  Contact Airbnb to cancel.  If you do it, you will probably be forgiven the penalty, but it will be a headache you don't need.  They should if the dates were blocked.

David1025
Level 2

Well this time I have contacted the guest to see if she can move her dates one day back? What penalty???? I am ready to leave Airbnb....Ownersdirect never had any issues at all after 5 years.

Hello,

I have also been repeatedly experiencing guests able to book on days of check-out and days of check-in of other guests.  I have the Airbnb automatic setting that is SUPPOSED to block those days.  I have had to decline 3 guests at this time because of this problem.  And I cannot find how to contact an Airbnb representative.  Can anyone help me contact someone at Airbnb?  This is a real problem and this is also the reason I refuse to turn on Instant Booking.  I have been a Superhost for almost 2 years now with 2 homes.  Thank you to anyone who can help. - Tamara

I am having this problem too - my main issue now is: how do contact Airbnb!!!!

I have been looping round and round the site looking for a point where I can actually reach someone at the organisation.  It is soooo frustrating... I would appreciate any assistance through the maze.

@Tracey136 to contact Airbnb:

On your Help page, near the bottom right is a "Contact us" button.
Or you can use this link: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

Once you are on the "Contact us" page, choose "Its something else"

This will give you the choice to either exchange messages with AirBnB or to speak to someone on the phone.
(Using the "Contact us" by phone gives you the option to have them call you, so you don't have to wait on hold.)

If you don't mind waiting on the phone:

New Zealand / Aotearoa: +64 4 4880 888

United States +1-415-800-5959 +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Thank you - I have sent a message via "its something else" but have had no response in four days.  So I will try the number.  Appreciate your assistance.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@David1025

Unfortunately it is a long standing bug that they do not seem able to fix. Dates open and close randomly on calendar which is shocking when you think that one of the basics for an accommodation site is a reliable calendar function.

Yikes - I had no idea.  That is scary, especially since the penalties are so harsh for host cancellations.  I have been checking and adjusting my calendar pretty frequently (for my own needs and changes in schedule), but now I will be more vigilant for the other dates as well.

Thanks for this post!

David1025
Level 2

I'm new...what are the penalties for host cancellations?

Also how dirs one get hold of Airbnb..there is no link..just FAQ's and this community. 

Thanks everyone.

David

@David1025

About host cancellations you will find in the help section if you do a search.

Find the discuss tab above, then the community help guides.

Til the bug is fixed, you might try manually blocking the day of check-in or check-out. I've done that and it makes my life easier. Especially when I'm traveling to know there is extra time to have the apartment cleaned by someone.