Fun and Games...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fun and Games...

Fun and Games

One of things I love at this time of the year is to come together with family and friends, and play games. It is a common occurance that by the end of the game, at least two of my family members are asleep, but that is small sideline! 🙂 

There is, of course, the customary yearly game of scrabble, which usually end up with me having a complete row of only vowels...but it is surprising how many points you can mount up by adding 'O' on to other letters! hehe

What games do you like or plan to play over the festive period, perhaps you have guests that have particular favorites too? Also, maybe you have some game suggestions which don't involved any props/boards or only things you find around the house... 🙂

Enjoy

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

9 Replies 9
Dev4
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Lizzie

Great topic!! 

I started hosting a new unit since March 1st week and the owner was kind enough to donate a book shelf. Apart from loading a few of my personal favourite books, I bought a few board games for guests to enjoy. I started with 

Uno

Scrabble

Snakes & ladder

Cards

Monopoly

These are the games that I enjoyed growing up and stay love to play with my siblings. 

Interested to know what board games do other hosts put for their guests.

Karen-and-Will0
Level 10
Maryland, United States

@Lizzie, @Dev4:  I was thinking of asking this same question! I have vacation properties at the beach. On rainy days families like to play games. We only have a few right now:

Otrio – popular seller at Marbles the Brain Store
Uno
Cards
Sequence
Scategories type game

We tried to stay away from things that take a long time like Monopoly. I would love to increase our games selection for our guests. What do others recommend or use particularly with their guests?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dev4 and @Karen-and-Will0,

You have some great suggestions here. 🙂 I am always a big fan of cards, I almost always have a pack with me for train journeys and I like to collect packs from trips and places I have been to as a memory. 

I also recently stayed in a listing which had Jenga, which is alway fun to play and one of my favourite games is checkers which is a nice alternative to something like chess. 

@Jeet0, I remember you starting a fantastic thread a while back regarding enjoyable things you could get for under $50 and boardgames were one of them.

Does you listing have any of the above or any other suggestions? 🙂 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie

Cards are a must for any trip 🙂 one of the best human invention and completely under-rated

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I completely agree @Dev4. I have about 50 packs now and my friends and family have started picking them up for me when they go away too, which is really nice.

I particularly like it when you get a pack which has different pictures on each one. I have some cards with colourful cartoons of the Beatles on them from Liverpool, UK and they are like this, also my most recent pack was from a friend where every card has a different cocktail recipes on it from her trip to the Caribbean! 🙂

--------------------

Patricia1533
Level 2
Vallejo, CA

Attention: San Francisco Bay Area hosts (East Bay)! I am the co-creator of a very fun and interactive trivia/current events game show. I am seeking AirBnB hosts that would be interested in partnering with us. The show is ideal for groups that converge in homes for weddings, anniversaries and other festive occasions. We offer prizes for the winners…and lots of laughs.

Examples of game shows we have already customized for clients: wine etiquette, the weird and the wonderful (great for showcasing places to go and things to do in the area around your home), literary and geographic trivia.

as for me I prefer playing something like Dota 2 or League of Legends

Yes, those online games are good too. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing board games with my family. It's a good thing that I stopped because it would be a war in my house at the end of a monopoly game. Everyone would get mad, and only the guy that was winning would have fun. The problem was that I never won...
Online games are different. I play with my brothers, but we're on the same team, and we don't get angry at each other. We play League of Legends, and they bought a smurf account for me as a gift for my last birthday. I love the game so much, and that was a perfect gift for me!

https://www.lolfinity.com/

Hey, these games operating with the high-level interface and 3D technologies are influencing our youth. In case you need to know about the bitcoin und blockchain technologies you can refer to https://www.grundlagen-computer.de/magazin/bitcoin-und-blockchain-technologien-einfach-erklaert this website. The website is making clear the concept of this digital currency.